Honored Contributor

Re: Confused...and I would appreciate a little help from a moderator

My answer to this easy pay madness is......

DO NOT USE EASYPAY!

It is a trap.

Pay in full or do not buy at all. 

Trusted Contributor

Sounds like your order had been placed withpout easy pay and then redone with it.

Valued Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

My answer to this easy pay madness is......

DO NOT USE EASYPAY!

It is a trap.

Pay in full or do not buy at all. 

@SeaMaiden  Unfortunately, some of us (myself included) cannot afford to pay in full for the stuff I buy here. I am a single mom w/one income and it's not very much. It is nice for me to be able to buy my daughter/myself something that I otherwise might not be able to get. It's much easier for me to incorporate let's say $20 per MONTH than $100 all at once. It works for me and I'm grateful that the Q offers it. The key is NOT getting carried away w/it. If you use it in moderation it's actually a very nice service as you pay nothing extra for utilizing it. Just wanted to share another side of the issue. 

Re the OP's issue, I will say I've luckily never had that happen, but if I did I know I'd be livid b/c it'd prob cause me to overdraft :-( It kind of scares me now going forward to purchase anything. I really wish the mods would give an actual answer as to what happened to assure us that it was a mistake/fluke. I guess time will tell. 

~ Hope in TN ~
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stellabystarlight   no it should not....were you ever given an explanation of what happened?  

I called and got a more pleasant CS rep today ...she still has no idea what happened or how it happened but she said she did understand and was very willing to try to find out some answers for me. She said that my original order is showing EP and nothing after the original order I placed was done by me...she assured me that there were no issues with my account.  I like to use easy pay so if the item doesn't fit or is damaged then I don't have the return/credit nightmare and my $ is not tied up forever waiting waiting waiting..aalthough I have very rarely had any returns in all of my years being a Q customer and that plan definitely backfired in this instance. When my item arrives and who knows how long that will take,  and is acceptable to me then I will pay the balance and be done with it.  The issue is not the $ in this particular case since it was not a very expensive item and did not put me in a financial bind...but what if it had been?  Valuable lessons are learned every day...I'll just jot this whole experience down as one of them and not let QVC stress me out and hope someday I will have the courtesy of finding out what happened, if anyone at the company even knows, but no more EP for me  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Penelope, the only explanation I was given by Customer Care is that it sometimes happens.  Well, this was the first time it happened to me.  Hopefully, it will not happen again!

Frequent Contributor

Thats little reassurance for purchases going forward :/ I hope it doesn't happen again either 

Esteemed Contributor

This has never happened to me. I placed a few orders on easy pay and i just checked my Bank Account  and nothing is on hold yet because the items are still in Process.

My Bank Acc is charged after the items ship. I always use  my DEBIT CARD,