Respected Contributor

Re: Confused...and I would appreciate a little help from a moderator

This is why you should only use a CC for purchases and not a debit card that has Visa attatched to it.

Trusted Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Penelope59  You can email the mods directly regarding your issues......

QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com

Yes contact them, they are quick to respond and if they can't resolve it they will send it up to the financial dept. 

QVC Customer Care

@Penelope59 wrote:

I placed an order on easy pay and the pending hold for the first  payment showed up on my online banking...however...there is also a pending hold for the entire amount?? I called customer service and was told that they had been doing this since June...no absolutely not..this is not true.  I don't understand how they are holding available funds for the full amount of purchase and also the first payment of the easy pay. She said that it should fall off in 5 days...which one?? She didn't know...I can not cancel and I can not speak to anyone in finance to find out what is going on but I think its unfair of QVC to put a hold on funds OVER the amount of the item. I have tried to give them a chance...but my patience has worn thin...slow shipping is one thing but not being able to trust them with my finances is on a whole other level of incompetence 

@Penelope59  I apologize for any confusion and invoncenience with your order.  When your item ships, you will be billed the easy pay amount and not the full amount.  The authorization for the full amount should fall off within 3-5 days depending on your bank or financial institution.  I hope this helps. 

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Melvin-QVC  Thank you for responding...but no it does not address why QVC is holding fund availabilty in an amount OVER what the item actually costs in the first place...that is what I do not understand. Was this a glitch in the system? or data entry error? This purchase was only a little over a hundred dollars so not a big deal, thank goodness it wasn't a Mac Book I was putting on easy pay Smiley Surprised So for consideration of future purchases,  I still would like clarification on the issue.  I sent an email if you would prefer to respond to my concerns in that manner. Thank you

Respected Contributor

Ditto @Penelope59 

Trusted Contributor

I for one in all my years of using easy pay have never had the full amount charged plus the easy pay installment. There had to of been a mistake made. You are right what if this was a much more expensive item, to have your funds tied up like this is rediculous. This is not the norm and that should of been told to you. Only the first installment should of been held up in funds until it shipped, not the full amount. I think there response was to just let you know the full amount will be back in your account in 5 days but they owe you an apology for it happening in the first place.

Frequent Contributor

I have never had funds held anywhere on the planet for an amount OVER the price of an item..I don't even understand how this is legal or ethical. My account is in good standing. I hate to see this happen to someone else so as soon as I hear a response or explanation I will post it here. 

QVC Customer Care

[ Edited ]

@Penelope59 wrote:

@Melvin-QVC  Thank you for responding...but no it does not address why QVC is holding fund availabilty in an amount OVER what the item actually costs in the first place...that is what I do not understand. Was this a glitch in the system? or data entry error? This purchase was only a little over a hundred dollars so not a big deal, thank goodness it wasn't a Mac Book I was putting on easy pay Smiley Surprised So for consideration of future purchases,  I still would like clarification on the issue.  I sent an email if you would prefer to respond to my concerns in that manner. Thank you

@Penelope59   Unfortunately, I'm not sure what happened in your case.  However, I will say that typically this happens if an order was placed on easy  pay and authorization received, then later changed to bill the full amount.  This would cause the full amount and an easy pay amount to be both held as authorizations.  When the item ships, only the easy pay amount is billed and the full total authoriized will fall off and the money would go back into your account.  I hope this helps.  

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Melvin-QVC  If that were the case that would be understandable and I would have no reason to be questioning the charge....this was not the case in this instance since I made no changes after I placed my order but thank you for responding even though I'm still not clear on what happened and I am not comfortable making a large purchase using easy pay without knowing that whatever went wrong won't happen again.  I think that makes 2 of us...Have a good night and thanks for trying to help  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I have to say that after the 5 business days, the full amount was back in my checking account.  And I was only billed for the 1st EZ pay.  However, holding up my money for 5 days is not OK because I was short and had to cut down on my food shopping.  THIS SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN!