Valued Contributor

Confused about new? return procedure

I am confused about how to return items (despite being a customer of QVC for 30 yrs.). 

I have the invoice/packing slip that came with the item.  In the past I would use that label to return an item. But now there are two procedures described on qvc.com.

1.  on the top of my account page is this notice:

We're experiencing some delays in processing returns. For the quickest refund or exchange, find your order below, click View Order & then click Print Return Label.

2.  on another page is a process called, Easy Returns Program that lays out this procedure:

Step-by-step guide for Easy Returns:

1. Send an email to QVCEasyReturns@qvc.com with subject line: QVC Return.

2. Include in your email: The order number(s), item number(s), item description(s), price (each), and the quantity you are returning. The original shipping fees are deducted along with the cost of the Q Return Label. If your return is due to a QVC error, item defect(s), or request for exchange/replacement, there's no charge to you for using the Q Return Label.

3. Tell us if you would like to receive an exchange or refund. Return your package back to QVC using the Q Return Label with selected carrier of your choice.

So, what are we supposed to do? Are we not supposed to use the label included in the package?  I would like to use the process that will ensure a safe return and a quick refund.

Honored Contributor

Re: Confused about new? return procedure

@JGalt    I would say what we are supposed to do is choose one of the return procedures, but either way we need to use a return label.

I work hard to avoid returns so I haven't tried it, but I would make my choice (probably the quick procedure for me) and do each step as explained in the message you included.   

I have also been a customer for close to 30 years -  we need to stop thinking companies don't change.  We do and they do.

Honored Contributor

@JGalt 

To get the fastest resolution, email QVCEasyReturns@qvc.com

with your order information and what you want done.

If you want an exchange for size or color....tell them so....

Refund?  tell them so.

They will send out the exchange before they even receive the return so you won't miss out if the item is avail ...you should then USE the label to return the wrong one.

If you are looking for a refund....they will post that much faster.

You do still LOSE the cost of the return label and lose original shipping fee...it is just you will get whatever refund you want quicker.

If you want to pay yourself and hope to save a bit, you can still email the returns teams and tell them you are paying your own way back.

HTH

Honored Contributor

@JGalt   If you get a preprinted prepd return label you can certainly use that one. It'll cost yo9u $6.95 to use their label. You do not need to pull up their return procedures unless you didn't get one with your goods.

If you thought you were going to keep the goods and destroyed their preprinted one with return slip, you can make your own return slip with item and order number, get the correct return address in FAQ page, write out your own return address, tape it on and pay for the cost of return  yourself. Hope this helps.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

You use the return label no matter what. The QVC Easy Returns program is just an option you can use to get your refund in a matter of days rather then waiting a month or more for the package to be received by QVC and processed. You take the time to give the info upfront via email and they process the refund before they get the item back...a nice feature. Just make sure you return the item in a timely fashion. I've used it twice so far and it's worked fine. Or, you can return the item as you've always done and wait for a very looooong time for your refund to show up, 

Editing to add...@JGalt, you can use the return shipping label that came on your package or you can print one off from your online order information. Both are associated with your order and it doesn't matter which one you use. Sometimes people lose the original and have to print a new one, etc. One is not going to get the package there faster or safer then the other. My only advice always is to get a receipt back from the post office when you give them the package. They won't get my package if they don't.   

Honored Contributor

I have sent emails to QVC returns email and have gotten my refund within a few days instead of many weeks.  You have 2 weeks to send it back, if you don't you will be charged. 

Esteemed Contributor

@JGalt wrote:

I am confused about how to return items (despite being a customer of QVC for 30 yrs.). 

I have the invoice/packing slip that came with the item.  In the past I would use that label to return an item. But now there are two procedures described on qvc.com.

1.  on the top of my account page is this notice:

We're experiencing some delays in processing returns. For the quickest refund or exchange, find your order below, click View Order & then click Print Return Label.

2.  on another page is a process called, Easy Returns Program that lays out this procedure:

Step-by-step guide for Easy Returns:

1. Send an email to QVCEasyReturns@qvc.com with subject line: QVC Return.

2. Include in your email: The order number(s), item number(s), item description(s), price (each), and the quantity you are returning. The original shipping fees are deducted along with the cost of the Q Return Label. If your return is due to a QVC error, item defect(s), or request for exchange/replacement, there's no charge to you for using the Q Return Label.

3. Tell us if you would like to receive an exchange or refund. Return your package back to QVC using the Q Return Label with selected carrier of your choice.

So, what are we supposed to do? Are we not supposed to use the label included in the package?  I would like to use the process that will ensure a safe return and a quick refund.

Good luck with the EZ Returns. Before the Covid, it worked like a charm. Now, I tried it four times, and it never worked. Some swear on here that it works. This topic has been hair pulling for me. I have tried it, sent the information to that email address 4 times for the same items. No response from Customer Service no response from the Social Team, no response period. I had to call and get my refund on each item through a customer service rep. So good luck to you if you can get the easy returns to work I don't have that kind of luck.

Honored Contributor

I returned a couple of orders last month and did it the same way I always have.  Included the shipping/return slip for one order, and printed out another since that one had not included a slip with the item.

I did not use the EZ Return option, and yes, it took a few weeks to get my credits just like it always had.  I expected that and it doesn't bother me.

Contributor

I love the new return method, it is so much faster !!!!!!!   The old method is a long drawn out process, the new way is FAST !!!!!

Contributor

I, too, have used, and been very satified with, this process. It works very well. Thank you QVC for this return option.