Respected Contributor

Complaints About Slow Shipping

I never have this issue anymore since I, MYSELF choose my own shipping method and do not use the one that it's defaulted to.

On the check out page near where shipping info is, there is a drop down arrow with three choices.  The first one is the 3.50 method which has very little priority. 

I use the second one. 

If you're interested and don't mind that this method is a few dollars more and it's on your dime, (I don't mind) I get my stuff shipped out fast and it's UPS ALL THE WAY.  I get it in two days.  Maybe three but that's fine.

Another poster showed me this and I've been grateful to them ever since.

Respected Contributor

Re: Complaints About Slow Shipping

I have more than 3 shipping choices, mine is if I need something before two weeks, like two days, I go to Amazon and get free shipping too.  Also if I must know it will arrive on time, I choose Amazon.  There is very little I am willing to wait weeks to receive.

I ordered the Susan Graver shirts and it will be two weeks before I receive them, but I am in no hurry for long-sleeved shirts right now.

Trusted Contributor

@Bhvbum wrote:

I have more than 3 shipping choices, mine is if I need something before two weeks, like two days, I go to Amazon and get free shipping too.  Also if I must know it will arrive on time, I choose Amazon.  There is very little I am willing to wait weeks to receive.

I ordered the Susan Graver shirts and it will be two weeks before I receive them, but I am in no hurry for long-sleeved shirts right now.

While I am just the opposite, I do order a lot from Amazon just because they have more of the day to day stuff I need.  

Having said that, There is very little I cannot wait for when ordering on line.  If I cannot wait I just go brick and mortar.

Honored Contributor

Unfortunately, what's in the drop-down box does absolutely nothing to improve the "processing" time which is what is slowing our receipt of our purchases.  The time in transit usually is not the problem. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I don't call $8.97 difference 'a couple bucks'!! 

(example was a dress at std shipping of $3.50 vs upgrade shipping at $12.47, next choice)

And @Kachina624 is correct, doesn't change the preparing or processing time.

What is everyone in such a hurry to receive I am wondering!

And if you are in a hurry, why would you order here full knowing QVC has shipping issues?

Esteemed Contributor

Since March 2020 I have only done online.  I have never had problems like are discussed here.

My advice would be to look elsewhere.  There are good shipping options out there.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Unfortunately, what's in the drop-down box does absolutely nothing to improve the "processing" time which is what is slowing our receipt of our purchases.  The time in transit usually is not the problem. 

@Kachina624 - Right now I have an order that was placed on 06/15.  It's still showing "preparing your order".  It's only one item - a pair of shoes so I'm not sure why it takes that long to pull the item, pack it and send it on its way.

Another item ordered on the 13th has finally shipped, but now, having reached Windsor CT, says the infamous "Your order may be delayed...".  You know the rest.

I've been having pretty good luck lately with my orders shipping in a reasonable time, but I guess I've hit a speed bump.

Honored Contributor

@Venezia    They're very inconsistent, making it hard to understand what's going on.  I ordered a pair of pants Friday that is out of delivery today while other older merchandise, clearance items, sit for days without moving out of the warehouse.  I assume labor problems but who knows?  Boy, would I like to visit that place. 

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Last month I ordered items & I had them within a week. Now it is 2 to 3 before I will get my orders. Some people go on vacations, etc. No one wants packages sitting on there doorstep when they are not there. I've scheduled surgery & I won't be here for at least a few days. I may end up in rehabilitation from my surgery. I don't want to bother my husband with returns.

Honored Contributor

@DA D   If you've got packages coming and you're not going to be home, you can go online and ask the USPS to hold your mail.  I think UPS has something similar.  They'll then deliver it whenever you wish.

Good luck and speedy recovery with your surgery.