Honored Contributor

Re: Closing Blogs? Closing Forums? Closing Both?

@goldensrbest wrote:

No, i sure hope not.

@goldensrbest - Sadly, it's true.  I'm with others;  don't do Facebook and I have no intention of starting to keep up with QVC's new ideas.

So that's it for me and I suspect I'll also stop shopping with them.  I generally come here everyday to read the forums and then browse the things for sale.

That ends with the closure of the forums.  What's laughable is that the notification says how important we are to them!  Yeah, right.  And I have a bridge to sell them.

Honored Contributor

I just told my husband about this and he said they're doing it to save money.  They don't have to pay anyone to maintain their site on FB or to monitor this one.

So, it's not that they care about their customers - they care about saving money.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm sorry, but until someone officially states it to be true, merely seeing a notice if one types a specific word into a search bar, landing one a page that's obscure as all get out is hardly convincing. If QVC truly intends to delete this commuity then someone in a position of authority needs to man or woman up and say so. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb - It seems pretty official to me.  The banner at the top of the Forums page says it's going to be gone on November 2nd.

And, if you type "blogs" into the search bar, as instructed, it explains further.

What makes me laugh is the little "We're here for you!" just above the announcement.  Umm...no, you're not, QVC!

Just wondering - does anyone remember a month or two back, when there was a rumor that these boards were going to be shut down?  The moderators closed those threads on the basis that they were starting unsubstantiated rumors and upsetting posters.

And they said these boards were not going away!  Guess that changed with the new CEO.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

I'm sorry, but until someone officially states it to be true, merely seeing a notice if one type a specific word into a search bar, landing one a page that's obscure as all get out is hardly convincing. If QVC truly intends to delete this commuity then someone in a position of authority needs to man or woman up and say so. 

@stevieb  Mod Wayne confirmed it under the Suggestions Forum. Just saw it.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

I'm sorry, but until someone officially states it to be true, merely seeing a notice if one type a specific word into a search bar, landing one a page that's obscure as all get out is hardly convincing. If QVC truly intends to delete this commuity then someone in a position of authority needs to man or woman up and say so. 

@proudlyfromNJ  So I see... Apparently we were lied to a few months back when told earlier these forums were not being replaced... And no, despite their 'confidence' we'd just simply love-love-love Facebook, some of us will not be joining the migration... What a shabby way to treat the community and yet another example of the clear lack of respect shown for customers. When they shut us down, I shut them down and there'll be no more QVC for me...

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ  So I see... Apparently we were lied to a few months back when told earlier these forums were not being replaced... And no, despite their 'confidence' we'd just simply love-love-love Facebook, some of us will not be joining the migration... What a shabby way to treat the community and yet another example of the clear lack of respect shown for customers. When they shut us down, I shut them down and there'll be no more QVC for me...

@stevieb  I think many will not be going over to FB instead of using these forums. And many say they will not be shopping here anymore. I think it will end up biting them in the end.

Honored Contributor

@Venezia  Yes, I remember the clear message that the boards were not shutting down... And yea, I see new 'leadership' is off to a rousing start... What a gem...

Honored Contributor

I doubt they care one iota about any of their customers who post on these forums.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@stevieb  I think many will not be going over to FB instead of using these forums. And many say they will not be shopping here anymore. I think it will end up biting them in the end.

@proudlyfromNJ  I certainly hope so... Hey, it isn't as though this is such an exceptional shopping experience, with great prices and fast, free shipping that none of us can live without...