Valued Contributor

Clearance - Really?!

[ Edited ]

Yesterday I purchased a Dennis Basso coat that was on clearance for $115 and five easy pays (a287493).    Today I went back to look at it to see if anything sold out.  It is now on "clearance" for $149 with the  5 easy pays.  It went up $34 overnight and is still supposedly on clearance!

What is the game here?  Say it's on clearance, dangle 5 easy pays, but raise the price?  I don't like playing games. Knowing what I know now  if I hadn't bought it yesterday I would never have bought it at all!  Isn't clearance supposed to be the lowest price?  Why raise it $34 overnight?  To many questions - not enought answers!

Contributor

Me too! I had a D&C blouse and a Logo sweater in my cart last evening and couldn't make up my mind on colors. Sure enough, this morning the clearance price went up by $3 on one and $10 on the other.!!!!  Way to spread good vibes Q! Saved me $100!!

Honored Contributor

@daisy4............you got it right, it is a game and you have to be on the defense at all times.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Valued Contributor

The same thing just happened to me this morning.  I put some clothing items in my shopping cart yesterday, and when I looked at the prices today, one had increased by $5.00, and the other by $10.00.  This is not fair......

Super Contributor

Hmmm. . . . I thought yesterday was an "event" with "event pricing". Something like Crazy Clearance Event. And don't event prices only last for the event.?  I was under the impression that the prices were at super clearance prices for one day only. Maybe just me . . . . 

Hugs. . .

Life is tough, but I am tougher!!
Occasional Contributor

Yesterday I put 2 Isac sweaters in my wish list to think about overnight, well today they are both almost $20.00 higher! What the !!!!! Is this a new game qvc is playing? I think I am done, I don't like this way of doing business at all. I don't even wish I had bought them yesterday if this is the way they are going to be as a company, not nice QVC!

Trusted Contributor

I just came here to post about the same thing.  I thought once something went on clearance, it stayed at that price or went lower.  No idea clearance might be a few hours.  In that case, it's more like a flash sale.

Luckily, I bought what I wanted yesterday.  Because the price was so good, I thought I might buy another.  Was very surprised to see the price change.  And like another poster, several things on my wish list had higher prices today.  

Frequent Contributor

More aggravating to me since the program guide via sudden link did NOT show "clearance", I did not set up to record those shows! What I did record, however, I sat down to watch this morning had many items I went in to purchase due to the clearance price-were marked back up of course.  😡  Oh well, just saved me several hundreds of dollars- thanks QVC!

Trusted Contributor

@thistooshallpass wrote:

Yesterday I put 2 Isac sweaters in my wish list to think about overnight, well today they are both almost $20.00 higher! What the !!!!! Is this a new game qvc is playing? I think I am done, I don't like this way of doing business at all. I don't even wish I had bought them yesterday if this is the way they are going to be as a company, not nice QVC!

I agree.  It's QVC with 2 personalities.  It's on clearance, but not really.  You can exchange, but not really!

Honored Contributor

I did hear a few of the hosts saying it was a clearance "event" and the prices were good for just that day. The old QVC would put items on clearance and wouldn't raise them. But the old QVC didn't have 30, 40, and 50% off prices either. I am not saying I agree with it, like others have said...it's a game.