Contributor

Chrome giving connection is not private

Please inform the QVC IT dept that Google Chrome is giving me the warning that my connection is not private & err cert autority invalid. I was able to access safely for this visit from link on HSN homepage. I've cleaned history, cache, cookies and restarted my device. Thanks for your assistance.
Occasional Contributor

Re: Chrome giving connection is not private

I have been getting the same message only not with QVC. Something must be going on with the internet. I have been trying to track a package (not QVC item) for a couple of days now and I cannot access the web site. Very frustrating!

Honored Contributor

I don't use Chrome,  but I have not had this message on either IE or Edge.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@2swans14 I got that message yesterday for another site - one I've been using for at least 5 years maybe longer.  Mine is a site I get to because I get an email from them which makes me wonder if someone is trying to get into my email site.  Scary.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom I was using Edge when I got the mention I mentioned above.

Honored Contributor

@2swans14  - I received the same thing the other day when using Chrome.  I switched browsers to Explorer and was fine.   I'm back to using Chrome now.

Contributor

Thanks everyone for your replies and tips, it's always good to know we're not alone in our troubles. I got in safely this time on Microsoft edge.
Esteemed Contributor

@2swans14 - I would bet if you try accessing the website tomorrow, everything would be fine. There are two potential issues here: 1) The QVC website has many connectivity issues that crop up from time to time, and it seems to just depend on the "luck of the draw" as to whether any user is caught up in these issues on any given day. 2) Based on comments I've seen on other websites, it appears that there are some false security alerts popping up on Chrome over the past 48 hours or so; hopefully they'll be patched and no longer an issue soon. I use Chrome exclusively and haven't experienced any such alerts on any websites that I visit, but I've seen notes from others who have on a variety of popular, safe websites such as America's Test Kitchen and Food Network, just to name a couple.

Hope your workaround continues to serve you well and/or that your issues clear up and you can continue to use Chrome if desired...