Super Contributor

Change to be aware of on returns.........

I send an email to the easy returns first with my order #. Then if there is a packing slip, I complete that and do the return.  Depending on the weight of the package I may pay the postage...........

I went to do a return yesterday and since there wasn't a packing slip, I went to my account and started the return process but at the end, it would only print out a prepaid label..... and not just the return form.  I was not going to pay $6.95 on a very light item, so I did a live chat and found out that currently, you can only print out a prepaid label......  The CS rep did send me a form that I could fill out all of the information that is ususally on the online form.  She did not know when this will be fixed...    Just wanted to give people a heads up. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Change to be aware of on returns.........

@Sunniegirl   If I don't get a return form, I simply write all the information they need on a piece of paper.  I check and double check the order number, the most important thing.

They've always been accepted and credited as they would be with a printed form.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Even though you can only print out the prepaid label along with the invoice, you don't have to use it.  You can still use your own label....just make sure you let them know what label you are using so you don't get charged.

Honored Contributor

@Sunniegirl wrote:

I send an email to the easy returns first with my order #. Then if there is a packing slip, I complete that and do the return.  Depending on the weight of the package I may pay the postage...........

I went to do a return yesterday and since there wasn't a packing slip, I went to my account and started the return process but at the end, it would only print out a prepaid label..... and not just the return form.  I was not going to pay $6.95 on a very light item, so I did a live chat and found out that currently, you can only print out a prepaid label......  The CS rep did send me a form that I could fill out all of the information that is ususally on the online form.  She did not know when this will be fixed...    Just wanted to give people a heads up. 

@Sunniegirl 

When I return something I am always printing labels off Paypal.  Not only is it cheaper, but I get tracking, which I find to be important.  The $6.95 labels are an income stream for QVC and have been for years.  You have other ways to ship returns.

Respected Contributor

Re: ChaInge to be aware of on returns.........

When you use easy returns online, they reimburse you minus the original  shipping but they do not deduct the label charge.  They state that when you get an email your refund info.  If you use the label, that will be charged when the warehouse at the return center scans the label.  I have done this several times.  About a month after you mail it back you will be charged for the label on the credit card you used.  If you don't pay by credit card I do not know how it works as I always pay and get credited the credit card I used to purchase.

Respected Contributor

I dont have a printer and I just write the info on paper.  Ive had no problem that way.  If they dont like it, they can go back to invoices!

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44   Thats a great idea, but you have to purchase the item using your PP account to do that Yes?

Honored Contributor

@meem120 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44   Thats a great idea, but you have to purchase the item using your PP account to do that Yes?

@meem120 

No you purchase it however you usually do.  What you pay for is the cost of the label and the money comes from wherever you have your Paypal set to deduct from ... checking acct, credit card, whatever.

Frequent Contributor

@Tinkrbl44  Thank you for this information.  I don't return a lot, but this is super useful for when I must.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 - I didn't know that about PayPal and return labels and I've been using PayPal pretty much since it started.

I used to take advantage of the "Return Shipping on Us" system, until that ended last November.

I return very few things, so It's not a big issue for me, but I'll check out PayPal in the future, if it's going to be an expensive return shipping.