Valued Contributor

I had two items in my cart for about 10 minutes. I signed out to answer my door & 15 minutes later the items were gone, totally gone. I was signed out for 5 minutes total. If you wonder why people order & then cancel then there's your answer! I will do that from now on & I'd better not get "the letter"! This has happened to me at least 4 times in June & now on July 2nd. I guess your goal is to discourage shopping on the Q all together!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Cart emptied in 10 minutes

@DAD - There's a very strong chance that once you order, you won't be able to cancel due to the way QVC connects with its suppliers, so I wouldn't recommend relying on that strategy for items you're not sure you want to buy. If you are signed in, your cart should remain active for much longer than 10 minutes—did the items sell out while you were away from the website?

(And by the way, "the letter" is related to returns, not order cancellations.)

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@DAD - There's a very strong chance that once you order, you won't be able to cancel due to the way QVC connects with its suppliers, so I wouldn't recommend relying on that strategy for items you're not sure you want to buy. If you are signed in, your cart should remain active for much longer than 10 minutes—did the items sell out while you were away from the website?

(And by the way, "the letter" is related to returns, not order cancellations.)

That's not necessarily true, my co worker got "the letter" for too many cancellations.

Valued Contributor

No they were still available but I didn't have time to get them back in my cart before they sold out during the presentation. I had put them in my cart because they were coming up in a few minutes.I thought they stayed there for an hour. I answered my door took a dish from my neighbor. I signed right back in & it was being presented & very quickly sold out! It was something I had not seen before, but was actually looking for. It's just discouraging to the customer. As far as I'm concerned they should have stayed in my cart. They didn't even go to saved for later. 

Honored Contributor

In all my years of shopping at the Q and loading up shopping carts, I've never had an item disappear from my cart in less than an hour.  I've purchased things that were sold out by the time I've checked out, but they were still waiting for me.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I think the key words here are "I signed out."  If you had not signed out, I believe your cart would have stayed the same for an hour.

Honored Contributor

@santorini wrote:

I think the key words here are "I signed out."  If you had not signed out, I believe your cart would have stayed the same for an hour.

I'm also wondering why you signed out.  Once you sign out on any site nothing will usually stay in your cart.

Esteemed Contributor

@DAD - Just to check, do you actually have the "My Saved Items" section of your cart available? Some people have had that section temporarily disappear, and if you don't have it, it's possible that your items went into that section when you logged out and then you obviously wouldn't have been able to access them later. Just a thought...

Valued Contributor

I usually see it but sometimes my cart looks totally different! I hope they get this all worked out. I am over it, but it's frustrating. I have not found a good replacement. I have found & bought many items for fall! I will say my orders ship quickly & I'm happy about that. Thank you & your suggestion may be what happened. Oh, when it changes back to what I am used to see it the items I saved for later are there. Again, thank you!

Valued Contributor

I thought I would be tied up for awhile & I wasn't.Every website is different. On HSN & Amazon everything stays in your cart but is not saved if someone else buys the item. I should have put them in my safe for later. I thought they would just go to saved for later & they didn't. Lesson learned.