Trusted Contributor

Cannot get QVC to release money back

On May 17th I placed an order but canceled within the hour.  The charge already went through my bank.  I knew it would be released within a few days so I wasn't concerned . 
A week went by so I called and was told they would contact the finance department.  Another week went by and the money still wasn't released back into my bank account.  I called again and spoke with someone who assured me that it would be prioritized.  Well needless to say the money still hasn't been released.  Now I wonder how many times in the past this has happened because I don't always check.  I will now always check if I choose to continue ordering in the future.  

QVC Customer Care

Re: Cannot get QVC to release money back

@isaboo  I'm so sorry. We do not charge your credit card before an item is shipped. Please confirm if you have a pending authorization on your account that you are requesting removed or an actual charge that needs to be refunded.

Respected Contributor

Just because you canceled does not mean that the order did not go through. 

The money may have been withdrawn because the order was completed. 

The order may be processing and will be sent to you, and then you may have to return the item. 

You should check with the moderators at QVCsocialteam@qvc.com.  They are excellent at assisting the customers.  They will need your order number--hopefully you kept all that information.

Honored Contributor

@FancyPhillyshopper    Wayne, who responded to the poster, is a member if the social team.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@isaboo   The decisions as to how long to hold the money are made by the card issuer.  They put a hold, and if no charge is submitted, which the qvc rep said would only happen at shipment, the hold would be released in accordance with the rules of the card issuer,  You may want to make sure qvc did not ship the order.  Sometimes "ship" just means someone else is holding it.  You can check in order status.  If it's clear the order was cancelled, call the card issuer and ask them how long they will do this hold.

Honored Contributor

Every time you use a debit or credit card, the funds are held by your bank. It doesn't matter where you use it. Every bank does it. The "hold" automatically falls off after whatever timeframe your bank requires if you cancel an order. It's not Q's issue.

Trusted Contributor

@isaboo  Who are you contacting for "release"?  Your bank or QVC?  Because QVC doesn't "hold your funds"  your bank or credit card company does.  I would contact your bank or credit card company not QVC.  They do NOT take any funds until an item ships PERIOD.  A digital handshake MUST occur between your bank/cc before the money is released.  Not sure why people think QVC just goes in and immediately takes their money it doesn't work that way.  Only when an item has been shipped does that trigger the digital handshake between the bank/credit card and QVC.  

Trusted Contributor

The order didn't process.  It was confirmed by a couple of the customer service representatives.  After I called QVC the 2nd or 3rd time about the matter I did call my bank to see if this was an issue on their end.  They told me that they have not received anything from QVC to release my funds back.  I called QVC again to let them know what I was told by the bank and they said that their finance department is working on it.  

Trusted Contributor

@Wayne-QVC wrote:

@isaboo  I'm so sorry. We do not charge your credit card before an item is shipped. Please confirm if you have a pending authorization on your account that you are requesting removed or an actual charge that needs to be refunded.

Wayne,  I used a debit card and the amount was taken out or "held".  It has never been put back.  I have checked every day and have called the bank about the matter. 

Honored Contributor

@isaboo    Wayne won't get your message here.  Email him or whoever is on duty at qvcsocialteam@qvc.com.  Make it to his attention.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment