Trusted Contributor

Cannot cancel an order I placed a few hours ago..Why ??

This is a problem...what are they doing here. Wanting to loose customers with no reason why from CS ? 

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~
Frequent Contributor

Re: Cannot cancel an order I placed a few hours ago..Why ??

[ Edited ]

It is frustrating.  I ordered something last week, and then realized within an hour it was the same bracelet I ordered previously that had a defective clasp.  Tried to cancel and it wouldn’t let me. Called customer service right away - no luck.  It finally mailed a few days later, opened it, and the safety clasp is also defective on this one (one slight tug and it pops open). I am going to add a note on the return requesting return postage for sending and returning.  I already paid for one bracelet I only had two days due to this issue 😢

Esteemed Contributor

This has been a problem lately!!!!  And, customer service is of no help.  They tell you that you won't be charged for returning the item, however, not always true.

Very poor business tactic!

Trusted Contributor

Guess I'm a little late to the party here...don't normally cancel.  I'm glad I only ordered one thing. 

Now I know won't happen again...still it's bad business for customer..  thx

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~
Valued Contributor

It's been like that for several months. I was ordering something, got kicked out of the system, logged back in and checked my cart, and it wasn't there. So I ordered it again, and went to dinner. A couple hours later I saw in my email that it had ordered twice, tried to cancel, and no could do. Called CS, nothing. It came twice (in separate packages, three days apart) and I had to return one. What a PITA.

Honored Contributor

It's been like that for a few years.  A lot of items you can't cancel, especially if they are shipped from the MFG.  You can order something, change your mind during the presentation about the color, and you can't cancel, neither can cs, nor later that day or the next day or the next or the next, and still the product has not shipped, but you CANNOT cancel. 

Sure put a crimp on my ordering!  

Honored Contributor

It's been like that for several years.  If you get charged postage for inadvertantly placing a duplicate order or getting defective merchandise, call CS and ask for a refund.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

IT'S DOWNRIGHT INSULTING TO THE PATRON TO TAKE AWAY THEIR RIGHT TO RECISION.

EVEN THE SIGNING OF MORTGAGE DOCUMENTS ALLOWS THE PATRON A 3-DAY RIGHT OF RECISION. 

QVC IS DESPICABLE ABOUT THIS.

Respected Contributor

Seems like people want it both ways - they want items shipped immediately yet they want to be able to cancel in a few days.  Macy's gives you 30 minutes to cancel.  I think that's reasonable.   

Respected Contributor

Does any company have a system where you can cancel an order after completing the order process?