Respected Contributor

Re: Cannot cancel an order I placed a few hours ago..Why ??

I cancelled the TSV yesterday on HSN with no problem, several hours later, as changed my mind. Why are these two related companies different in cancelling?

I have cancelled on Amazon a number of times as had a duplicate order or already had the item, whatever. It was never shipped. One time it was a day later and they contacted the supplier.

Respected Contributor

I agree with a prior statement here that there aren't that many companies that let you cancel once the order is placed...at least not very long after you've placed the order. The thing is, there was a time that QVC DID let you cancel your order long after it was placed...like a day or more. That is not the case now, yet we still remember that option and want it back.....ain't gonna happen. The real rub, though, is that QVC won't allow us to cancel but many items take forever and a day to ship! That's why this has all turned into a frustrating mess.     

Honored Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ wrote:

Does any company have a system where you can cancel an order after completing the order process?

@LizzieInSRQ   Yes. HSN and EVINE give you until midnight of that same ordering day to cancel. In fact, EVINE allows you to cancel up until it ships: there is a "cancel item" button on your order page. As long as it has not shipped you can cancel it with no issue after that 24 hour period.

Honored Contributor

@deja vu ...Sephora has the same policy....I made an error once in what I needed to order....I contacted them right away, within the hour, but could not make any change to the order....

Esteemed Contributor

Macy's allows only 30 minutes to cancel. So many sites do not offer a long time to cancel. On the other hand, they ship immediately. I am a platinum member so all my shipping is free.