Respected Contributor

On Oct. 8, I ordered A461729, earth origins slip on in navy. In the order, it never mentioned anything about "advanced order".  I noticed the estimated delivery date of 10/28.  

Yesterday, it gave me an option to cancel, so I clicked on cancel and I got the box asking me if I really wanted to cancel, and I clicked on the box with "yes".

Now it says in the order "attempting to cancel" - what?

Then I get an email that states verbatim:  "We have received your request to cancel or change your order summarized below.  This item ships directly from the vendor, and may be too far along in the delivery process to cancel or change.

"Please allow up to two business days for QVC to receive a response from our vendor regarding your order request.  If the vendor is able to cancel your order, your Order Status will display "Cancelled" in the status field.  You can visit us on qvc.com to check your order......".

I'm beginning to think that the shoes weren't even manufactured when I ordered them (this was on the day of the Earth origins TSV).  IMO, this was a lousy business practice and that information should have been noted in the item description.  And again, no mention of "advanced order" as I would not have ordered the item.

Esteemed Contributor

@HisElk1 wrote:

On Oct. 8, I ordered A461729, earth origins slip on in navy. In the order, it never mentioned anything about "advanced order".  I noticed the estimated delivery date of 10/28.  

Yesterday, it gave me an option to cancel, so I clicked on cancel and I got the box asking me if I really wanted to cancel, and I clicked on the box with "yes".

Then I get an email that states verbatim:  "We have received your request to cancel or change your order summarized below.  This item ships directly from the vendor, and may be too far along in the delivery process to cancel or change.

"Please allow up to two business days for QVC to receive a response from our vendor regarding your order request.  If the vendor is able to cancel your order, your Order Status will display "Cancelled" in the status field.  You can visit us on qvc.com to check your order......".

I'm beginning to think that the shoes weren't even manufactured when I ordered them (this was on the day of the Earth origins TSV).  IMO, this was a lousy business practice and that information should have been noted in the item description.  And again, no mention of "advanced order" as I would not have ordered the item.

i'm having the exact same issue.....earth origins....different style....no advanced order notice when i ordered them.....guess the only shoes earth origins have made are the ones used for display....i tried to cancel......a week later and i'm still waiting for a reply......first and last time i order this brand......

Super Contributor

Good grief! Me too! I also ordered Earth origins shoes A461773 on the 8th. also supposed to be delivered on 10/28.

Because I don't know how to keep Felt shoes clean. and worried about them falling apart.  I decided to cancel them on the 8th. and I have been canceling everyday since. Still says attempting to cancel. But when I cancel them a pop up comes up saying they are canceled and  will not be billed for them. 

I did the chat thing online. They said it's supposed to be canceled it's noted that's in the process of canceling. I haven't heard a word from Earth Origins. So not even sure they are seeing that it's requested to be canceled.

Frequent Contributor
I'm telling you ladies, trying to cancel on these shows speeds them up to deliver. I stopped getting shoes here for outrageous prices and then getting a nothing shoe.
We're learning little by little. See my top 2 posts.
Honored Contributor

@Tigerfish2 

LOL

I assure you, the computer is not rushing to get your order out if you try to cancel.

Silly!!!!

Honored Contributor

@HisElk1 

Since you were given the option to cancel and if you are correct they were not identified as Adv order....if they still ship, just contact the moderators and tell them you would like to return them, full credit.

No big deal.  You can have your mailman pick them up for free.

In case you don't watch the news or read these boards often, there is a MAJOR probelm getting items shipped in, unloaded, and delivered.

Staffing shortages everywhere.  No company wants to lose a sale.

New shoes are not an emergency.

If you placed the order on Oct 8 and noticed the est delivery date was 10/28, why didn't you cancel right there and then?  You can usually cancel immediately.

Frequent Contributor
Respect Life....you need to respect people. You can't assure anyone of what goes on here can you.
I am very aware of the shipping problem, I believe we all are. Has nothing to do with s
Customer service (human beings( talking) to customers. If it hadn't tracked it didn't leave..
Honored Contributor

@HisElk1 wrote:

@HisElk1   Good to see you.

I've had the same problem where "Advanced Order" was not indicated but "In Stock" was - and it wasn't.  LOL

I found ordering directly from Earth works better.  Plus free shipping both ways.  If easy pay is not an issue for you, I'd shop directly from Earth.

Good luck.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@HisElk1 wrote:

@HisElk1   Good to see you.

I've had the same problem where "Advanced Order" was not indicated but "In Stock" was - and it wasn't.  LOL

I found ordering directly from Earth works better.  Plus free shipping both ways.  If easy pay is not an issue for you, I'd shop directly from Earth.

Good luck.

@Cakers3   Thank you and nice to see you too.  Thank you for the nice reply and sharing that info.  Easy pay is not an issue for me and I'll check into ordering directly from them next time.  I also found that DSW site carries many of the Earth brand, plus it's free shipping there too.  We also have a local store close to us.  

Super Contributor

I Just wanted to add an update to my order that was supposed to be cancelled. This morning checked my orders. The shoes that I was told would be cancelled have been shipped.  Not only have they been shipped, they are sitting at my local post office..

No notice that they were shipped. no tracking nothing. Until this moring

Already contacted Customer service. James was pleasant Not his fault but all he could tell me was he would note it and for me to send them back and I would not be charged a return fee.

I did say to him. it seems that there is no communication between QVC and the warehouse