Contributor

Cancelled order pending (authorization) on my credit card for over 2 weeks

So I just talked to two different QVC customer service reps and two different Citi credit card reps and they're both blaming eachother for why the authorized transaction is still pending on my credit card. QVC claims when the order is cancelled the authorization is reversed and your funds should be released in 3-5 business days. While Citi claims no reversal was sent and to reverse an authorization you have to go into the processing system and terminate the transaction. I also called QVC on Thursday of this week to discuss the issue and the customer service rep told me the order was still pending because QVC had easy pay still attached to the transaction. She then forwarded the case to someone higher up to get it removed from the order so the order could be reversed. Nobody ever called me back and the authorization was never reversed so I called QVC today and here I am now.. Has anyone had an issue like this? And why doesn't QVC have a billing department to handle things like this? Citi said if push comes to shove I can wait 30 days and if the authorization isn't reversed by QVC then the money will automatically be put back into my account. The order total was a little over $4k and the first payment was $719. I cancelled the order no more than 45 minutes after ordering. And I now have to wait 30 days to get my money back because these two corporations can't get on the same page? My first time ordering with QVC was horrible (I was sent a used camera that I paid a couple thousand for, and now my second transaction with them is also a disaster, this is ridiculous!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Cancelled order pending (authorization) on my credit card for over 2 weeks

Email the QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com they are very quick to respond and resolve issues.

Honored Contributor

@Andrew BoyntonNever with QVC, but I did have a pending charge this summer on a hotel bill.  I called the hotel because the amount was different from the paper bill th'd slid under my door which I knew was to be the charge.

It did disappear, but it took several days.  As long as it never hits your actual charge, it has no effect on your charge,any interest, your FICO, etc.   Just be sure it actually disappears.

MY account was not with Citi, but the laws are the same.

Honored Contributor

Yes, I went through exact same thing with a credit card payment I made to my niece's college.  It was for a summer class and the college mistakenly chargd twice for the same class.  It was a nightmare.  The credit card people said the college had to reverse the transaction and the money would be released to my account.  I called the college finance office said they had already done that.  The credit card company continued to say they didn't. Round and round and round I went with both until I spoke with someone at the credit card company who said that the money would be refunded  automatically in 30 days anyway.  He suspected that the college had made several unsuccessful attempts to reverse the transaction and now the reversal was "frozen".  It was no small amount, it was $2000. But 30 days later, I had my refund.  I think I lost 10lbs in that 30 days....sweating over that $2000.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Andrew Boynton wrote:

So I just talked to two different QVC customer service reps and two different Citi credit card reps and they're both blaming eachother for why the authorized transaction is still pending on my credit card. QVC claims when the order is cancelled the authorization is reversed and your funds should be released in 3-5 business days. While Citi claims no reversal was sent and to reverse an authorization you have to go into the processing system and terminate the transaction. I also called QVC on Thursday of this week to discuss the issue and the customer service rep told me the order was still pending because QVC had easy pay still attached to the transaction. She then forwarded the case to someone higher up to get it removed from the order so the order could be reversed. Nobody ever called me back and the authorization was never reversed so I called QVC today and here I am now.. Has anyone had an issue like this? And why doesn't QVC have a billing department to handle things like this? Citi said if push comes to shove I can wait 30 days and if the authorization isn't reversed by QVC then the money will automatically be put back into my account. The order total was a little over $4k and the first payment was $719. I cancelled the order no more than 45 minutes after ordering. And I now have to wait 30 days to get my money back because these two corporations can't get on the same page? My first time ordering with QVC was horrible (I was sent a used camera that I paid a couple thousand for, and now my second transaction with them is also a disaster, this is ridiculous!

Thanks for FYI . I'll be reviewing  my credit  card  statement  again to look more closely as to if this has happened .

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

I remember well your last long, complicated gripe.  Why do you persist in doing business with QVC since you seem to have so many problems with your account?  If I was to charge $4k to my account, I'd be darn sure I wanted the item (s) before I finalized the transaction.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

[ Edited ]

The order was cancelled less than an hour after ordering and its been two weeks. If the vendor sent the camera it would've already been to my house by now. But thanks for the reply. @kitcat51 

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've only had one problem with them (QVC) and this is now my second issue. You can't beat 6 easy payments on expensive devices. I only cancelled the order because amazon had it for a few hundred dollars cheaper plus I could also break my payments up with them. Just seems like QVC is lacking employees... I mean they don't even have a billing department. @Kachina624 

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yeah Citi said if QVC doesn't reverse the authorization in 30 days then the money will be put back into my account. After an authorization is pending for 30 days credit card companies automatically reverse them. But if you want your funds back before the 30 days is up then the company that requested the authorization (in this case QVC) must contact their processing company (finacial processing) and request a reverse authorization. So it appears that QVC claims they did their part, and Citi claims nothing has been done so I'm assuming QVC's finacial processing company failed to process the reversal. I have no clue at this point @chrystaltree