Regular Contributor

Re: Can't view certain items on line Unresponsive Script!

@dooBdoo, I was interested to see your suggestions, as I have been having this problem when trying to view the TSV for months. I have a iMac and run Firefox. I tried increasing the time for the script to run, but that didn't work. I also tried installing the YesScript addon, but that didn't help either. I have always run NoScript on Firefox. I also cleared out my cache and cookies. Oddly enough for me I only experience the Unresponsive Script error of Firefox. I can go to Safari (which I hate-too slow) and never get the error. The good news is I rarely buy the TSV anymore just on principle. I wish we would get an update from QVC on this problem as they seem to have gone silent on it. (tagging @Brittany-QVC, @Keyai-QVC, @Eva-QVC)
Valued Contributor

@laro Sorry to hear this is continuing to happen. I've experienced this issue a few times myself, I'll pass it along to our team in IT for you again.

Respected Contributor

Hi Brittany,

It seems from other posts that it is an issue with macs.

I am not very technical, so don't know how to remedy from this end. Deleted most of  my cookies, but don't want to do major tinkering with my computer.

Thank you for trying to get them to fix things!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

laro wrote:
@dooBdoo, I was interested to see your suggestions, as I have been having this problem when trying to view the TSV for months. I have a iMac and run Firefox. I tried increasing the time for the script to run, but that didn't work. I also tried installing the YesScript addon, but that didn't help either. I have always run NoScript on Firefox. I also cleared out my cache and cookies. Oddly enough for me I only experience the Unresponsive Script error of Firefox. I can go to Safari (which I hate-too slow) and never get the error. The good news is I rarely buy the TSV anymore just on principle. I wish we would get an update from QVC on this problem as they seem to have gone silent on it. (tagging @Brittany-QVC, @Keyai-QVC, @Eva-QVC)

@laro, Hi, there!   I used NoScript in the past but switched to YesScript -- with either one I don't see these script errors.   If we're using the same versions of all the software, maybe the difference is in our device (my Mac is a 2012 desktop).   But there are so many variables, so who knows?   As you probably know, it's a JavaScript message and indicates the website tech folks need to attend to the way the browser is interacting with the website.  

Just my guess, but I think it happens on this site (often) when the software is changed a bit and then doesn't cooperate with one or more browsers.   This is the reason it's so important for the website tech team to know it's happening -- although if they paid attention to their error log they should see it as soon as it begins.   We can tweak the settings on our devices with some success, but really the site should fix it.   As you say, they lose sales by allowing it to happen.Smiley

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova