Occasional Contributor

I am extremely tired of seeing when I place an order of an item being listed as in stock, being given a delivery date of approximately  10 days from order date  but the following day after I place the order,  item is suddenly listed as advance order.  This is really getting old quick.  And PLEASE do not cite the "pandemic" as the reason for this issue.  I think you are prioritizing the orders to those with a QCard as being bumped to the front of the line.  You really do not care about customers who do not want to get a QCard.  Between October and Christmas, I thought it was just the holiday rush, and maybe QVC was a little over whelmed with orders, plus there was a warehouse fire.  But when it has happened in the past in the Off Season, and it is happening again this year in the off season, then it becomes blaringly obvious that it is an issue with your processing and the way you handle orders.  If the item is actually in stock when I order, what happened between the time I ordered and the followeing day?  If the item isn't in stock, why list is as being in stock?  Isn't it fraud to collect money for something you say you have on hand to sell, then after receiving payment, inform the customer - sorry, we don't have it and will ship it as soon as we get it.  And when said customer asks for to cancel the order, QVC says sorry, it is in order prcessing so you will just have to wait until it ships then return it at a cost to you.  This hardly is customer service.  VERY Disappoiinting.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Can't trust "in Stock"

[ Edited ]

I agree with you.  As I've said before, IMO QVC should not sell an item unless it is ready to be shipped.  And I don't understand if it's an "advance order" why it can't be cancelled???

I don't have a Q card.  See no need for one.

My best advice--shop elsewhere.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ColoradoKate 

Sorry, I think that notion is absurd.

I have a Q card, have had it forever...and I spend WAY too much on it!

That doesn't give me ANY preferential treatment just because I use my Q card on everything.

My orders get delayed, go to Adv order, or backorder or are cancelled JUST like everyone elses.

There is NO such thing as Q card holders getting bumped to the front of the line.

And there is NO fraud.  No one is collecting your money ahead of time.

You are NOT charged until the item ships.

Trusted Contributor

@ColoradoKate Couldnt agree more.  At least provide me the courtesy of knowing that the item will be delayed. 

It's very bad business practice. 

Respected Contributor

@RespectLife   I agree. I have never had a Q card. And only one time that I can remember was an item that I ordered changed to advanced order after I placed my order. It is my understanding that you are not charged for advanced orders until the item is shipped. Also advanced orders can be cancelled. I have  cancelled advanced orders before and never had a problem with this. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RespectLife -  I have a QCard and get the same treatment as you.  Go figure.  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

Welcome to the Forum @ColoradoKate.

Yes, numerous complaints here about the same thing. 

It's disturbing enough to drive customers to QVC's competitors.    

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ColoradoKate - No, there is no fraud involved.  QVC does not process your charge until the order is shipped.  What you may see is a "pre-authorization"; all that does is make sure you have the funds (or credit) available for the order you've placed.

Having said that, I agree that the Q's system of inventory is seriously lacking.  I've recently had three orders that were "in stock" go to "backorder".  And on inquiring I found that the items were not in stock and were not likely to be.  QVC cancelled the orders.  (Laughably, one of the orders after being cancelled, immediately showed the item "in stock" again!  It was not.)

As a customer, how am I supposed to know whether something is really available or not?  All I can go on is what it shows me online and that's far from reliable.  This area definitely needs a lot of improvement.  And I agree with you - it can't be blamed on the pandemic.  It was happening long before that.

Honored Contributor

@ColoradoKate   More than likely it's that the product comes directly from the vendor and QVC may not be responsible for the advanced order status.  My understanding is that for products coming directly from the vendor as opposed to a QVC warehouse, once the order is sent over to the vendor then it is the vendor that changes it.

Occasional Contributor
I never mentioned being charged but in the most recent instance, I was charged and it is still in advance order status. I called customer service 4 days ago - was told it was being shipped from a vendor and was supposed to ship the next day. Still hasn't shipped and I can't cancel because it is in processing. Once it is sent to vendor - usually within an hour of ordering, you cannot cancel. And it is fraud to collect money for merchandise you do not have. It is fraud for the vendor to inform QVC they have the item when in reality they are expecting a shipment soon. QVC should drop that vendor but they won't when the items generate a huge profit for QVC.