Honored Contributor

Re: Can't read reviews

[ Edited ]

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@Justice4all  It's really very frustrating isn't it?  I dont understand why they chose to change things.   I could update ,  did it once before and it caused me many problems on other sites ,  so I'm hesitant to do so.  Dont see why I should have to just because QVC decides to change something for the sake of changing it .   Guess for those of us with older iPads arent important  to them .  I rely on those review when I debate wether to make a purchase,  maybe you do as well.😒

@Kitty Galore, Hi, again, my friend!😊   Your software is a 2015 version -- there have been about 12 updates since then, some small and some were significant.

While it's true that updates might cause us new problems with some things, choosing to keep the old versions means we're willing to accept problems with other things -- in this case, using this version might be the root cause of not being able to use the Q site fully (can't read reviews).   It's a trade-off.   

In all fairness, no website (or app, for that matter) will continue to support all versions of software for all devices indefinitely.   Even Apple, itself, now only provides the most minimal support for the version you're running.   

For sure, it's your choice not to update but by doing so you'll see an increasing number of problems and you also are missing critical security protection provided in newer versions.   Please know I'm not telling you that you can't make your own choice, and I agree that updating to the iOS 9.x versions will result in some changes on your device.   All updates have pros and cons.

I just wanted to explain why it's likely QVC's IT department will not be willing to research problems with extremely old operating system versions.   Sorry if I didn't explain well...  I've been really sick for a few days and not feeling well today, but I wanted to try and help out.  I hate seeing anyone having such frustrating problems, and do wish you well.❤️

⭐️Few things reveal your intellect & your generosity of spirit, the parallel powers of your heart & mind, better than how you give feedback. MPopova⭐️
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My old iPad is actually slightly older than yours, @Kitty Galore, and I'm using iOS 9.3.5, the most current version available for it.   I'll post an example of part of what I see when I look at reviews (this is item H215110, and I can read all its reviews -- I also tried looking at several other products at random and I could read all reviews on all of them).

QReviews.jpg

⭐️Few things reveal your intellect & your generosity of spirit, the parallel powers of your heart & mind, better than how you give feedback. MPopova⭐️
Respected Contributor

@dooBdoo   I hope you are feeling better today 😀.  I think you explained everything so well as you always do.    I do understand about updating and what the Pros and cons could be .  I'm sure I'm gonna have to update although I'm Leary ,  last time after the update websites kept putting up "problem occurred with website so reloading". It still drives me crazy ,  dosent happen all the time ,  but enough ,  and does it here on QVC as well.  Tried to remedy it by steps that were listed on Apple and nothing worked so I live with it.

Again thank you for your help ,  and not feeling well besides your a sweetheart 😺. Feel better 😸

Respected Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

My old iPad is actually slightly older than yours, @Kitty Galore, and I'm using iOS 9.3.5, the most current version available for it.   I'll post an example of part of what I see when I look at reviews (this is item H215110, and I can read all its reviews -- I also tried looking at several other products at random and I could read all reviews on all of them).

QReviews.jpg

@dooBdoo  Oh I had to add ,  I did reply below ,  but this Julian bear that you showed the review on is one I bought for  my cousin who just had a baby and guess what ?!  His name is Julian 🍼!!!   It will be perfect In his nursery !   I just thought it was funny that you picked a review at random and it was this bear. !  LoL 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@dooBdoo   I hope you are feeling better today 😀.  I think you explained everything so well as you always do.    I do understand about updating and what the Pros and cons could be .  I'm sure I'm gonna have to update although I'm Leary ,  last time after the update websites kept putting up "problem occurred with website so reloading". It still drives me crazy ,  dosent happen all the time ,  but enough ,  and does it here on QVC as well.  Tried to remedy it by steps that were listed on Apple and nothing worked so I live with it.

Again thank you for your help ,  and not feeling well besides your a sweetheart 😺. Feel better 😸

Hi, @Kitty Galore!   I'm so sorry!   I didn't see your posts when I checked notifications on the 18th!   You're welcome, and thank you for the kind words.❤️  The "A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded" message will begin to show up more and more the older the device and operating system are.   There are lots of articles online with steps to try and troubleshoot...  but really it's the way Safari handles all the code when trying to load a webpage and my experience is that it doesn't really get better with older devices and software.   Updating to the latest iOS won't make it better, but probably won't make it worse either.    You always can try using a different browser app on your iPad to see if that will work better for you.    It happens a lot on my iPad 3 -- I very, very recently finally decided to get an iPad 6, and Safari is loading webpages quickly and with no errors so far.   However, not everyone wants to buy new devices, especially since the older ones work fine for the most part.

Honored Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@dooBdoo  Oh I had to add ,  I did reply below ,  but this Julian bear that you showed the review on is one I bought for  my cousin who just had a baby and guess what ?!  His name is Julian 🍼!!!   It will be perfect In his nursery !   I just thought it was funny that you picked a review at random and it was this bear. !  LoL 

What a funny coincidence, @Kitty Galore!   We must be on the same wavelength!   I do think the bear will be perfect gift.   Very sweet of you.😊   

Respected Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Kitty Galore wrote:

Hi, @Kitty Galore!   I'm so sorry!   I didn't see your posts when I checked notifications on the 18th!   You're welcome, and thank you for the kind words.❤️  The "A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded" message will begin to show up more and more the older the device and operating system are.   There are lots of articles online with steps to try and troubleshoot...  but really it's the way Safari handles all the code when trying to load a webpage and my experience is that it doesn't really get better with older devices and software.   Updating to the latest iOS won't make it better, but probably won't make it worse either.    You always can try using a different browser app on your iPad to see if that will work better for you.    It happens a lot on my iPad 3 -- I very, very recently finally decided to get an iPad 6, and Safari is loading webpages quickly and with no errors so far.   However, not everyone wants to buy new devices, especially since the older ones work fine for the most part.

Hi @dooBdoo my friend!  When I updated last which I guess was late spring I did go to apples troubleshooting page and tried to remedy the "problem occurred". But was never able to ,  sometimes  it's not so bad,  other times drives me nuts !    I am worried that it may just get worse if I were to update.    It seems I do need a new iPad just not in my budget at the moment.  It's on my wish list though😉. I would just be happy to be able to read reviews right now,  which isn't going to happen I guess.  It is weird that it was so all of a sudden though.

it sure is a coincidence about the Julian bear LOL. 

New Contributor

REVIEWS I ALSO CANNOT READ, HMMM... ME THINKS THERE IS A LITTLE SOMETHING TO THIS......NOT JUST A COINCIDENCE........I ALSO TAKE WITH GRAIN OF SALT....  SO TO SPEAK BUT NONE THE LESS I LIKE TO READ THEM......I DO NOT BUY ANYTHING I CANNOT READ A REVIEW ON...THT BEING SAID YOU WOULD THINK THE Q WOULD RETHINK THE UMM...NEW WAY OF DOING THEIR BUSINESS....BUT ALAS ALL BIG CORPS...DO WHATEVER THEY WANT OR THINK EVEN IF IT IS NOT FOR THE BETTER...THE WAY I SEE IT   I SAVE $$$$$ SO THANKS!!!!

New Contributor

I just noticed this question is a bit stale (1 1/2 yrs), but yeah, I havent seen reviews at all for a few times over the month of Dec '19, and now today.  What gives? I sometimes wonder if its bc I'm on a tablet, seems like we are 3rd class citizens sometimes, LOL.

I wish all the techy stuff would play nice together! 😉