Valued Contributor

Can’t post an image..

[ Edited ]

Why can't I post an image here on the Forums?  I've been able to do this before but now I can't. I wanted to post an image of a flower in the Garden subcategory. I'm on my iPad.

Honored Contributor

I was able to post a pic.  I'm on a laptop and I post pics using the icon above.  Here's some hardy orchids (bletilla striata).

bletilla striata.jpg

Respected Contributor

@HonestLife wrote:

Why can't I post an image here on the Forums?  I've been able to do this before but now I can't. I wanted to post an image of a flower in the Garden subcategory. I'm on my iPad.

@HonestLife I'm on an iPad too. Sometimes I've been successful, other times not. I find if I'm posting from my own dowloaded pics on my iPad, I often have to reduce the size of the file, which you can do once you click on the photo to upload to the Boards. I think you'll see it. I put it on "small" size and it recently worked.

I think the times I didn't have success was when I was trying to copy/paste a pic from somewhere else.

I haven't done it often here, but when I've been successful, it's usually been from my iPad pics files and I've reduced the size.

I hope that helps.

Honored Contributor

Copying and pasting often doesn't work and when you can see it, many of the other posters can't see it.  You need to have the photo in a file or photo gallery on your iPad, then click on the landscape icon at the top of the message block, choose the file, choose the photo, insert then post it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: Can’t post an image..

[ Edited ]

@HonestLife, I tried a test image with my iPad 6 (iPadOS 15.3.1) and had no problems.

(I use the Brave browser and Safari as a backup.)

As others have said, I find the most consistently-successful method is to add the image to the native "Photos" app on the iPad and then use the "Insert/edit image" feature in the toolbar. 

Copy-and-paste from another site can be problematic sometimes.

Since you could do it before, the first troubleshooting questions would be:

--  Can you think of anything you changed on the iPad, anything that's different or something you modified?

--  And are you using the same method you used before?

--  What happens when you try to add a photo -- what do you see on the screen?

Otherwise, perhaps some of the usual "housekeeping," such as clearing all browser cookies/cache/website data/history; checking to be sure the iPadOS is the most current version; performing a sync/backup of the device to clear out old and possibly-corrupted data; and even trying another browser might help.

Sorry you ran into a problem -- hope one of us here can help you find the right clues and fixes.😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

1#deaf.gif