Honored Contributor

Re: Can't go in and correct typos on ipad

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@dooBdoo wrote:
@Kitty Galore wrote:

@dooBdoo.  That is exactly when it started now that I look back.  Aldo what you've posted is exactly what I'm  expierencing !!!  I did go and look at my settings ,  need to go step by step as you pointed out .  I am alittle technically challenged ,  getting much better, but still have a ways to go .  Thank you for your help Cat Happy

Hi, again, @Kitty Galore!   You're welcome.   If you've been dealing with this since May 2016, you are a very patient person -- more so than I am. 😉  My hat's off to you, my friend!   If you haven't cleared cookies, website data, since the site fixed their software problem 'way back then...  that could be the problem.   If you close the app running in background, clear everything in Safari, and still have the problem, let us know.   Sometimes even using an old bookmark to access a site will cause problems, and deleting the old one and going directly to a site will straighten things out.   Fingers crossed that you can find the fix -- not being able to edit is no fun, for sure.

@dooBdoo.  Thank you for taking the time to help and to explain how I may fix my problem.    I am going to work on it today,  kind of leery going in and changing all the data and clearing ,  but in the end hopefully I will hsve fixed the problem once and for all.  Very frustrating, and as you wrote.....no funCat Sad   Thank again!

Hi, again, @Kitty Galore!    You're welcome.    I clear all history, website data, cookies, cache at least once a day.    It won't cause harm and it's a very good method of avoiding or fixing problems.   Best of luck, and give a hollar if you need something -- there always are helpful posters here to provide assistance.image.gif

Maybe it would help to keep some notes of just what you have done or changed today, @Kitty Galore, while you are fixing the problem.  Good luck!

Esteemed Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@dooBdoo wrote:
@Kitty Galore wrote:

@dooBdoo.  That is exactly when it started now that I look back.  Aldo what you've posted is exactly what I'm  expierencing !!!  I did go and look at my settings ,  need to go step by step as you pointed out .  I am alittle technically challenged ,  getting much better, but still have a ways to go .  Thank you for your help Cat Happy

Hi, again, @Kitty Galore!   You're welcome.   If you've been dealing with this since May 2016, you are a very patient person -- more so than I am. 😉  My hat's off to you, my friend!   If you haven't cleared cookies, website data, since the site fixed their software problem 'way back then...  that could be the problem.   If you close the app running in background, clear everything in Safari, and still have the problem, let us know.   Sometimes even using an old bookmark to access a site will cause problems, and deleting the old one and going directly to a site will straighten things out.   Fingers crossed that you can find the fix -- not being able to edit is no fun, for sure.

@dooBdoo.  Thank you for taking the time to help and to explain how I may fix my problem.    I am going to work on it today,  kind of leery going in and changing all the data and clearing ,  but in the end hopefully I will hsve fixed the problem once and for all.  Very frustrating, and as you wrote.....no funCat Sad   Thank again!

Hi, again, @Kitty Galore!    You're welcome.    I clear all history, website data, cookies, cache at least once a day.    It won't cause harm and it's a very good method of avoiding or fixing problems.   Best of luck, and give a hollar if you need something -- there always are helpful posters here to provide assistance.image.gif

Maybe it would help to keep some notes of just what you have done or changed today, @Kitty Galore, while you are fixing the problem.  Good luck!

@tansy. That's a great idea !  I will do that ,  thanksCat Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@dooBdoo wrote:
@Kitty Galore wrote:

@dooBdoo.  Thanks so much , will do !

Honored Contributor

Just want to mention in addition to what doobedoo said to do, sometimes turning off completely your IPad (not letting it go into hibernation) and restarting it again, stops wonky things like this from happening.  

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼