Contributor

Can't cancel in process orders anymore?

QVC: Why don't I have the flexibility to cancel an in process order anymore when the estimated shipping is still a week away? There is no longer a "cancel order" button but says only in process orders cannot be changed at this time. That is not a good thing QVC. I should have every right to edit or cancel my order if I decide the day after not to go through with the order. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Can't cancel in process orders anymore?

This has been going on for months and months, if not longer.  Only can cancel within seconds of placing an order, it seeems.

Trusted Contributor

I agree it is frustrating.  But it has been that way for a very long time.  But I still makes it for example.....I recently had an item "in process" for 13 days and I couldn't cancel.  Either ship in a reasonable time or let me cancel!!!!!!!!

Contributor

Actually I've cancelled or edited orders up until recently with no problem. I try to not do that and be certain but sometimes you think why did I order that and want to cancel it, especially by the next day and I could understand if it's already prepared for shipment but lets face it, it sits there for a week anymore before it's even sent out. I'll make sure not to order anything unless I am 100% certain from now on.

Super Contributor

It's called 'entrappment'.  Not only does it take weeks to get your order but now they hold you hostage because they know people would cancel if it takes weeks to ship.  I also hate that Easy Pay is now the default.  What the heck has happened to this once great company?

Frequent Contributor

@foodie105 wrote:

QVC: Why don't I have the flexibility to cancel an in process order anymore when the estimated shipping is still a week away? There is no longer a "cancel order" button but says only in process orders cannot be changed at this time. That is not a good thing QVC. I should have every right to edit or cancel my order if I decide the day after not to go through with the order. 

It has been this way for so long, I cannot recall when you were able to cancel an order other than within an hour or so of placing.  However, CS will assist, depending on reason for request and make a note on account to allow return without fee.

Frequent Contributor

@foodie105 wrote:

Actually I've cancelled or edited orders up until recently with no problem. I try to not do that and be certain but sometimes you think why did I order that and want to cancel it, especially by the next day and I could understand if it's already prepared for shipment but lets face it, it sits there for a week anymore before it's even sent out. I'll make sure not to order anything unless I am 100% certain from now on.

I would like to know an example of something you are able to cancel after an hour or so after placing an order.  QVC does not have a buyer’s remorse policy and many items are shipped from vendor therefore QVC has no way to cancel item once sent to vendor.  It would also be terrible difficult to pull an order to cancel after sent to warehouse for shipment.

Unless you are speaking of something which is on “advanced order,” those item you are able to adjust and cancel.  Otherwise once “in process” cancellation is not possible.

Valued Contributor

It is a bad business practice and all that really needs to be done on qvc's part, in this tech world, is press the button by the IT dept, and allow us to cancel, but QVC won't because they I believe they make tons of money on shipping. BUT, don't worry, if you can't cancel, call CS, tell them you tried to cancel and they will note the computer on the items that you tried to cancel and by writing it in the computer, you WON'T BE CHARGED THE SHIPPING TO YOU OR BACK TO THEM WITH THEIR LABEL.  I do this all the time, and it is no problem, caution, check back and call cs the next day to make sure the first cs did note it in the computer.  It is unfortunate that qvc has stooped to this level, but alas, not if you do what I recommended

Valued Contributor

@Jen717 wrote:

Unless you are speaking of something which is on “advanced order,” those item you are able to adjust and cancel.  Otherwise once “in process” cancellation is not possible.

@Jen717  Actually that isn't true. I just went through this the other day. I was watching a Philosphy show that had their 3-in-1 body wash 32oz for only $28 a piece/free shipping. Well, I thought they'd be great gifts so I bought two of them in the scent "Marzipan Dreams", keep in mind I don't have any idea what it actually smells like, I was just going by their description. Well, let's just say about 10 mins after I ordered it I decided I'd rather buy something for gifts in a scent that I know what it smells like, so it was "in process" and I canceled the order completely. I tried to find and edit option before cancelling, but I couldn't find one (In the past I've been able to do that) anyways, I canceled it and ordered 2 of the Snow Fairy.  

I was actually pretty shocked that they even let me cancel it, b/c there has been one other time I attempted to cancel something and it wouldn't let me. I try not to make a habit of cancelling things though. I do understand their policy of not letting you cancel things if a long amount of time has went by from the time you initially placed the order, b/c as someone above mentioned a lot of their items come directly from the vendor and can you imagine what a mess that would be? lol I do believe though that you should be allowed to cancel if it's within an hour or so. JMO

~ Hope in TN ~
Valued Contributor

@tropics21 wrote:

It is a bad business practice and all that really needs to be done on qvc's part, in this tech world, is press the button by the IT dept, and allow us to cancel, but QVC won't because they I believe they make tons of money on shipping. BUT, don't worry, if you can't cancel, call CS, tell them you tried to cancel and they will note the computer on the items that you tried to cancel and by writing it in the computer, you WON'T BE CHARGED THE SHIPPING TO YOU OR BACK TO THEM WITH THEIR LABEL.  I do this all the time, and it is no problem, caution, check back and call cs the next day to make sure the first cs did note it in the computer.  It is unfortunate that qvc has stooped to this level, but alas, not if you do what I recommended

@tropics21  I'm not trying to be snarky or anything, but is there a reason you "do this all the time"? 

~ Hope in TN ~