Trusted Contributor

Re: Can't cancel even with shipping delay!

This was a change made by QVC quite some time ago hoping that people won't take the time to return things.  It used to be that you had a day or even two to cancel.  I can understand if they sent the merchandise out immediately.  But things sti in process forever.  I've been shopping at QVC for probably 20 years and shipping has never been slower.  I agree with the OP, who said the money isn't the point, but having to take the effort to return items, and then wait again for the credit to appear, which takes forever as well, and then have to check to make sure the return was processed correctly.  I don't understand what is going on, but it doesn't encourage shopping here.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am wondering if part of the problem stems from QVC no longer warehousing everything in their huge facilities as they did a few years back.  More and more things are shipped from places the vendors use.  They used to call it "drop shipping".  Could it be that once the order is placed now it goes directly into that facility and it is too complicated for the Q to cancel going through these extra channels?-or it is an agreement that was made?  I am not sure I explained this correctly, but I have had a non-Q experience where I ordered an item at a fundraiser for my university and this was how they shipped it-costs were less since they were not having to warehouse.

This might also explain the frequent delays for shipment as the Q does not have the item in their possession and the vendor is also waiting on the manufacturing facility.

Or they are using the old airline tactic of overbooking-overselling.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

That’s just ridiculous.  Especially now that we’re into the summer months.  People have trips planned and don’t want delayed orders being sent out while they’re away. 

Honored Contributor

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

That is ridiculous and I believe, a lie. If it hasn’t shipped, of course they could do something to cancel it from their side!

I would try CS  again and ask to speak to supervisor. I would probably call daily, maybe email and be very persistent. I would be such a squeaky wheel...! 

I already spoke to a supervisor, @Skyegirl21  (see the OP) and also one of QVC social team looked into it.  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I wonder if some place like the Better Business Bureau needs to get involved these days.  It makes zero sense that an order cannot be cancelled if you've been advised of a delay such as 10 days!  Crazy.

I agree.  I think it is about time the Better Business Bureau does need to get involved because what is happening is just not right.  No other company treats their customers like this.  We cannot cancel an order that has been "in process" for two weeks?!  The return time on our items is horrendous, sometimes it takes over a month for them to show my item has been returned.  I think the Q needs new management or they will keep losing profits and customers.  Enough is enough!  At least pretend to care about your customers.  And don't even get me started on how rude and unhelpful CS is!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaGal @Krimpette @Gorgf @Sylanne 

Just fyi, QVC has an A+ rating with the BBB.

It's as easy to find as anything else on the internet.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

@SeaGal wrote:

@Krimpette , QVC is not accreditted by the BBB. My guess is the Q doesnt want to be because they would probably get a low rating.

Contact the Attoney General in your state to complain, I think you can even file a complaint online. Years ago, I filed a complaint with that office and they did contact the company I complained about and they finished the project I hired them for PDQ.The guy who owned the construction company even said, he wished I would have contacted him before I filed the complaint. With the Q, I have a feeling the product is being shipped from the vendor and that's why it can't be cancelled.

Honored Contributor

I never said anything about not being able to file a complaint, @Skyegirl21 

I responded to those who believed that QVC had NO rating.

I expect you are trying to be helpful, but I can make my own decisions about what to do or not to do.   I am not just sitting around waiting for instructions but I am also not going to announce on a public forum whether I filed a complaint or not. 

I posted the OP to highlight an issue, not to garner advice.