Honored Contributor

Can't cancel even with shipping delay!

Wow.  I just had a phone call from QVC to say that an order is now delayed, an order which has been in process since June 6.  The delay is about another 10 days or so beyond the original ETA.

It's rather mind-boggling that cancellation is not possible even in light of this delay.

Yes, I just spoke to Customer Service and to a supervisor.  Everyone's hands are tied.  No one is happy about it. 

All they are allowed to say is "it's too far into the process," which is totally illogical since I just had the phone call to advise of the shipping delay.  What a waste of time to go through with the shipment, spend someone's time and money and effort, to just return unopened.  Good grief.

Is there something the QVC social team can help with?

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Can't cancel even with shipping delay!

@GingerPeach I had the exact same thing happen!!!!  The order couldn't be cancelled by me or anyone in customer service.  And, when they called to say delivery would take another 10-14 days, again, no one could cancel it.

QVC Customer Care

@GingerPeach  I reviewed the order and it cannot be canceled unfortunatley. I'm so sorry. 

Honored Contributor

Thank you for checking, @Wayne-QVC 

I know this makes no sense to anyone.  It's really become quite like the Twilight Zone, don't you think?  

I know everyone will be much happier once QVC gets its communication system into the 21st century.

Honored Contributor

It happened to me last month.  It is very frustrating! 

Honored Contributor

I wonder if some place like the Better Business Bureau needs to get involved these days.  It makes zero sense that an order cannot be cancelled if you've been advised of a delay such as 10 days!  Crazy.

Respected Contributor

@GingerPeach I had that happen and was told that they would pick up the postage if I still didn't want the item when I received it.Try another customer rep.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BeccaLou wrote:

@GingerPeach I had that happen and was told that they would pick up the postage if I still didn't want the item when I received it.Try another customer rep.

@BeccaLou 

I already spoke to a supervisor who told me that.

That isn't the point, though.  I am not concerned about the money which I know I won't have to pay.  It is the inefficiency that makes no sense.

Why would they ship something they already know the customer doesn't want and they have well over 10 days, maybe even two weeks, to get it cancelled?  That's the part that doesn't make sense.

Respected Contributor

@GingerPeach I had that happen with some potstickers that I was cancelling under the auto-delivery and really cancelled in plenty of time and was told I had to except them. A few minutes latter I received a call telling that I wouldn't receive them after all. May I ask what did you order that can't be cancelled. I've had that where they have ask me if I wanted to cancell of something that was on back order and finally cancelled on my own. I wish I could help to relief your frustration. I care  Heart

Respected Contributor

@Krimpette , QVC is not accreditted by the BBB. My guess is the Q doesnt want to be because they would probably get a low rating.