Contributor

Re: Can a moderator please help me cancel an order held up in in process?

I ordered slacks on October 23 and I am paying shipping ( this item was shown on no s/h for a few hours ,but several days later-- I AM Paying s/h). The order is still in process ,BUT now there is a written. Statement under edd that states it will be shipped in time for the holiday (Christmas). That's Dec.25. It is in stock. I don't understand October 23 ordered and to ship a pair of slacks for Dec. 25. I call c/s , they said shipping was a little slow , but I SHOULD receive it by Dec25. These are cotton slacks -- I live in Pa. These are not back ordered ,waitlisted or as is. Why so long in delivery ?

Contributor

I just wrote about my order on long wait for delivery . I want the order ,I do not want to Cancil it , I just want to know why it will take so long to receive it.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I totally agree, for businesses with an inventory management and shipping system that works. With Amazon (and others) who have very fast processing and shipping, I dont expect to be able to cancel. 

But QVC's current nightmare, with items languishing in "in process" purgatory for 5, 10, or more days, doesn't indicate an item really in the process of doing anything. It indicates an inventory and supply chain system completely out of control. 

As someone who worked in manufacturing management and supply chain management for a huge business (i.e., millions of cases of product inventory), I'd have been fired for so many missed customer shipments. And that is what these are. 

I've got one brewing now; in stock when ordered, and I paid the $10.97 for expedited shipping. I want it on the Estimated Delivery Date, or perhaps within a day, or DON'T take my money. We'll see .... 

Respected Contributor

Thank you all for your replies. It shipped today. No reply from a moderator.

Honored Contributor

@gunnergab wrote:

I ordered slacks on October 23 and I am paying shipping ( this item was shown on no s/h for a few hours ,but several days later-- I AM Paying s/h). The order is still in process ,BUT now there is a written. Statement under edd that states it will be shipped in time for the holiday (Christmas). That's Dec.25. It is in stock. I don't understand October 23 ordered and to ship a pair of slacks for Dec. 25. I call c/s , they said shipping was a little slow , but I SHOULD receive it by Dec25. These are cotton slacks -- I live in Pa. These are not back ordered ,waitlisted or as is. Why so long in delivery ?

@gunnergab 

Because QVC is transitioning to a new warehouse...so now they have all these shipping delays unless your item is shipped by the manufacturer.....Ive gotten some products really fast and also had to wait about 28 days for others.....

If you are in PA....you should ask CS if you can drive to the QVC Studios and pick it up there...that would be a lot faster....(I'm just kidding)

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@KailaS wrote:

I feel your pain. I have two items from 10/21 that have not yet shipped. (I also have an "as is" item from yesterday that suddenly jumped from in "in process" to " backorder." I have never seen an " as is" order go to backorder. This system is crazy. Good luck.

@KailaS  ... I had placed an order on October 6th.   As of October 26th it was still in process.  But finally on October 26h I was able to cancel it.  During all that time I received two emails indicating there was a delay in shipping.  Very frustrating.  But due to this experience I will NOT be ordering any Christmas gifts from QVC.  

Honored Contributor

Happiness is NOT being a manager or supervisor in a QVC watehouse.  I can only imagine the physical, as well as administrative, mess that must exist there.  it's a miracle if they can even move from place to place,  especially with all the big trucks arriving hourly with more junk to store.  Yikes!

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment