Esteemed Contributor

Can Someone from customer care answer this question?

[ Edited ]

Why is the Dooney Logo Lock have the sky blue and on both the regular price plus the clearance price.  Are the clearance bags returns?

Regular price   A203807

Clearance         A280440       color (Sky Blue)

Honored Contributor

Re: Can Someone from customer care answer this question?

It has to be a mistake.  Returns should go under as is.  It would probably be helpful for the mods if you included the item numbers.  

Honored Contributor

Returns are used to fill waitlist orders.  

Esteemed Contributor

@DiAnne  I Know that.  My question is the clearance priced ones are supposed to be retiring colors.  So if the color is retiring , why is it full price and still listed with the regular ones?

Esteemed Contributor

@GCR18  Thank you for the suggestion.  I added the numbers to my question.

Honored Contributor

No idea, but I'll be curious to see if you get an answer.

I do know I have seen exactly the same top on a sale rack at a major department store and it had 2 different prices.  I wanted 2, but in my size, only one had the lower price.

When I asked the sales clerk, she could do nothing about it - told me they had come into inventory at 2 different times and that somehow accounted for the price difference.  I bought one.

Trusted Contributor

I have always been told if there are identical items with different prices the merchant, by law has to sell them to me at the lowest price.   It has been that way for years.   I have held stores to that for groceries and clothes.   The cashier had to call a manager but I was right.  Each time I was told to take as many as I wanted and then the clerk had to correctly price all else.  People watching were told they could not get the incorrect price as they arrived after the happening.  The same is true if someone forgets to remove a sale sign and you catch the register ringing up a higher amount.   It pays to watch as items are rung up.  It doesn't happen that much but when it does I save on items I can really use.

QVC Customer Care

@BalletBabe

Thank you for bring the inventory of the Dooney & Bourke Hobo with the Logo Lock to our attention.  I found the stock on the A203807 in the color "Sky" was not updated. I have submitted the proper request to have the inventory updated to show all the "Sky" color on clearance.  

Esteemed Contributor

Thank You Paulette!

Trusted Contributor

I do hope QVC credits those who purchased the sky color at the higher price.  Although I don't have any faith that QVC is that responsible, or honest.