Super Contributor

Can Anyone On Social Team Explain Why This Happens??

Hi,
I'm hoping someone on the Social Team Customer Care can explain why I'd get an actual **confirmation email*** from QVC Customer Service saying an order I cancelled, was indeed CANCELLED (got the email right after cancelling), yet now I'm being told sorry it can't get cancelled - this is very odd and confusing and upsetting. I had an order get placed in error right before midnight last night and immediately caught the error, and hit "Cancel Order" within 2 minutes tops, the green pop up window DID come up and stated that the order was successfully cancelled - and that I would not be billed - now I'm going to be billed for something on my credit card until this mess gets straightened out, and I have great difficulty with getting Returns sent back these days for various reasons - but I seriously would like to know, what would cause this to happen? Especially if you actually got a confirmation email from QVC, just a minute or two after saying it was cancelled? Thanks for any help!
Trusted Contributor

Re: Can Anyone On Social Team Explain Why This Happens??

@DooneyGal2    E mail QVCSocialTeam@QVC.com directly.  They are very helpful and respond quickly.  

Honored Contributor

Your best bet is to contact the Social Team directly by emailing QVCSocialTeam@QVC.com with your order number and explanation.  They usually respond quickly.    

Super Contributor

I did email them, sadly didn't get the situation fully addressed, just a "sorry, we can't cancel your order" even though I told them all that I did here- so posting here, this is an inexcusable problem hoping they'll fully address it here? It makes absolutely no sense that I did get an email saying my order was canceled, right at the time I canceled, but now ~ they're saying sorry it can't be canceled?? This was a Peace Love World item, maybe it falls on them?? Smiley Sad
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Are you absolutely certain it said it WAS cancelled?  If so, save that email.

When items are shipping from the vendor...it may say we will TRY to cancel and to check your order status.

It would be kinda hard for anyone here or the mods to tell you why, other than the request crossed when it was already being processed.

Unfortunately, we all know...you usually can NOT cancel an order w/ QVC. QVC isn't much for letting us change our mind!

How did an order accidentally get placed?  You would have had to click Place Order.

Hope you used EZ pay.

You can have USPS pick it up for free....and just ask the mods or CS to give you a full refund....save that email IF it proves you really did get a full cancel confirmation.

You should be able to get a full refund and would only be out a small amount til the refund goes through IF you used EZ pay.

@DooneyGal2 

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RespectLife wrote:

Are you absolutely certain it said it WAS cancelled?  If so, save that email.

When items are shipping from the vendor...it may say we will TRY to cancel and to check your order status.

It would be kinda hard for anyone here or the mods to tell you why, other than the request crossed when it was already being processed.

Unfortunately, we all know...you usually can NOT cancel an order w/ QVC. QVC isn't much for letting us change our mind!

How did an order accidentally get placed?  You would have had to click Place Order.

Hope you used EZ pay.

You can have USPS pick it up for free....and just ask the mods or CS to give you a full refund....save that email IF it proves you really did get a full cancel confirmation.

You should be able to get a full refund and would only be out a small amount til the refund goes through IF you used EZ pay.

@DooneyGal2 

@RespectLife what happened is, when ordering via a smartphone on their site, it often will be "jumpy" and as a result, you can end up hitting "place order", when what I was trying to do was place my order via check (please no need to criticize that lol) ~ regardless, a minute later saw it was actually saying "In Processing" and being charged to my default payment of a credit card though I DID WITHIN ONE MINUTE, hit "Cancel Order" and did indeed, immediately receive the cancellation email in my inbox from QVC - That alone, in good faith should mean very obviously my order was cancelled.  I saw the pop up window notification, as well, on QVC dot com when I cancelled the order. What more need be said? Smiley Sad 

BTW, I have actually seen a post on either these forums, or the QVC group We Love QVC, how their website can be jumpy at times when first starting to place your order, again probably mainly when ordering from your smartphone ugh. 

I also immediately called QVC CS at the time, the kind rep assured me it was cancelled but later when I called again said, "it was bouncing back" regarding how it went into Processing- that's a concern. Not everyone wants to deal with the hassle of a return- saying USPS or UPS can pick it up, means more than likely you're required to be home for when they pick it up, that's been my experience.... so at any rate, it's crazy if you cancel literally within 1-2 minutes and it still somehow ends up Processing- particularly 

when you receive an email. QVC finally said sure, return it, we won't charge return shipping (I shouldn't get charged for either shipping actually) - but they had no definitive answer WHY it happened- just said must have been a "glitch". Probably with all the problems lately with orders, will be cutting back on ordering... 

QVC Customer Care

[ Edited ]

@DooneyGal2 wrote:
Hi,
I'm hoping someone on the Social Team Customer Care can explain why I'd get an actual **confirmation email*** from QVC Customer Service saying an order I cancelled, was indeed CANCELLED (got the email right after cancelling), yet now I'm being told sorry it can't get cancelled - this is very odd and confusing and upsetting. I had an order get placed in error right before midnight last night and immediately caught the error, and hit "Cancel Order" within 2 minutes tops, the green pop up window DID come up and stated that the order was successfully cancelled - and that I would not be billed - now I'm going to be billed for something on my credit card until this mess gets straightened out, and I have great difficulty with getting Returns sent back these days for various reasons - but I seriously would like to know, what would cause this to happen? Especially if you actually got a confirmation email from QVC, just a minute or two after saying it was cancelled? Thanks for any help!

@DooneyGal2  Good Morning, I am sorry this happened,  we are unable to cancel as you've requested.  It would be next to impossible to say why this has happened, we can only say that its a system glitch thats caused that.  Since we were unable to cancel, when received you can return to us at no charge, we will make notes on the order. 

Q-Social Team