Super Contributor

Called customer service, waited, and then rep hung up on me?

I received a set of spheres from Valerie today and the largest sphere had a large knick on the top where the blue color had completely come off.  I want to exchange the spheres, but do not want to wait for the very long regular exchange process as that will be at least another month or so.  As I have done before, I called customer service and told them that I would be putting the spheres I received in the mail tomorrow, but would like to immediately place another order for the replacement spheres so that I only have to wait 2 wees and not another month plus.  These were supposed to be a gift and I am on a time schedule.  I of course did not want to pay shipping on the 2nd set of spheres as this is considered an exchange.  The rep kept telling me several times that I would receive a full refund on the first set of spheres, including the initial shipping.  I kept trying to explain that my issue was not wanting to pay a shipping fee on the replacement spheres and would like free shipping on that order today.  She just kept repeating what she initially said 3-4 times and when I said that we weren't understanding each other she hung up,  Yes, hung up!  I was polite the whole time.  I have done this type of exchange several times and customer service was always wonderful?  The delayed shipping times make the regular exchange process not convenient at all.  I am quite put out at being treated so rudely.  I have ordered from QVC every month for years.

Can you please have customer service give me free shipping on the replacement cobalt spheres that I am now going to put an order in for and cross my fingers that I don't have to pay shipping again for receiving a defective product.  If this happens again, I will certainly reconsider where I shop.  

Thank you.

Honored Contributor

Re: Called customer service, waited, and then rep hung up on me?

I've waited as much as 1/2 hour to get CS.  I know how long it was because my phone tells me and I sit in front of a clock.

I guess they're using the virus as a means of making people wait. Who knows anymore.

Everything these days is blamed on the 'virus'.  Sometimes it's so ridiculous I have to laugh at why and how the virus affects this or that.

Respected Contributor

Don't know if I'm reading correctly. You want QVC to send you a replacement item before they receive the item you want to exchange? 

Honored Contributor

@mam2fourboys  I don't know why anyone would sit on the phone for that long!

Just as easy to send an email to:

QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com

You'll get a response much quicker.

Honored Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

Don't know if I'm reading correctly. You want QVC to send you a replacement item before they receive the item you want to exchange? 

@Etoile308, no she wants to actually place an order, but she doesn't want to pay the shipping for it becasue she's returning the other item.  Although I don't exactly understand that either unless the 1st order was free shipping and it no longer is.

Honored Contributor

Sounds like a lack of communication; both hearing and listening.  It should not have been that difficult.  I've done this many times.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Since you'll be completely reimbursed for the first set why not just order the second set as usual and pay the shipping?  

Esteemed Contributor

It sounds to me as if she is sending the first set back, damaged, and is re-ordering the same item #, as an exchange......IF I am reading it correctly. 

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

QVC does not charge shipping for defective returns.  "All" shipping, plus the cost of the item, and tax if applicable, is refunded.  CS was correct.  No need to waste your time calling CS.

I return the item noting on the return receipt the item is damaged, defective.  Then I place another order for the item since it's still in stock and wait for a "full" refund for the first defective order.  

Super Contributor

My experience has been that QVC never refunds the shipping (even on defective items or a wrong item sent) and I just have to waste my time calling back.  CS has always done this for me before, and in a respectful, friendly manner.  I honestly don't care if I am out the shipping, but what I do care about is having the CS rep hang up on me.  I don't deserve to be treated like that. Period.  That has never happened to me before and if it ever happens to me again, I will absolutely take my business elsewhere.