CREDIT CARD PROMOTION $40 Dollar Credit

So my husband applies for Qcard with a promise of a $40 credit and is approved on 12/19/19. Made the requried purchase right after. No credit received. Followed up with customer service numerous times via email and phone.Got a variety of responses ie

wait longer, referring to corporate, request sent to wrong department. Today during an online chat my husband was told rejected by corporate because I applied for a card the same day and received a $50 credit. My husband told them I already had a card issued in 2009 and did not apply for one. Was told to contact Synchrony. They indicated that only my husband applied no one else and my account has been opened since 2009 . Chat also sent a robo note referencing fraud and right to decline offer. I am appalled to say the least. When asked for the number to contact corporate was told there was no one to contact. I have spent thousands of dollars and paid all bills on time.We have wasted more than $40 worth of our time trying to resove this. Shame on you for offering and recinding the offer for no valid reason. Not to mention not following up with a written explanation and making us chase a response down once again. . 

Respected Contributor

Re: CREDIT CARD PROMOTION $40 Dollar Credit

The QVC credit card promotion is a total joke.  They build in so many loopholes it's rare that anyone ever gets the promised credit.  HSN is much more up front.  You apply, and get whatever credit taken directly off of your next purchase. 

Respected Contributor

@Suzeecat   I must be one of the lucky ones.  I applied for a Qcard when they offered a $75 credit.  I had no trouble using it.  In fact that is the only time I used my Qcard, I just wanted the $75

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Suzeecat wrote:

The QVC credit card promotion is a total joke.  They build in so many loopholes it's rare that anyone ever gets the promised credit.  HSN is much more up front.  You apply, and get whatever credit taken directly off of your next purchase. 

@Suzeecat    I don't know why HSN would be any different since they're both now using the same slippery Synchrony Bank.  This bank has a near-monopoly on the retail credit business in the US and they seem to get away with murder (so to speak).  People need to start filing complaints about them; they are nasty, inflexible and have the world's worst CS.  Even Walmart recently suspended their contract with them.  I wouldn't touch them with a ten ft. pole.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
QVC Customer Care

[ Edited ]

@joran wrote:

So my husband applies for Qcard with a promise of a $40 credit and is approved on 12/19/19. Made the requried purchase right after. No credit received. Followed up with customer service numerous times via email and phone.Got a variety of responses ie

wait longer, referring to corporate, request sent to wrong department. Today during an online chat my husband was told rejected by corporate because I applied for a card the same day and received a $50 credit. My husband told them I already had a card issued in 2009 and did not apply for one. Was told to contact Synchrony. They indicated that only my husband applied no one else and my account has been opened since 2009 . Chat also sent a robo note referencing fraud and right to decline offer. I am appalled to say the least. When asked for the number to contact corporate was told there was no one to contact. I have spent thousands of dollars and paid all bills on time.We have wasted more than $40 worth of our time trying to resove this. Shame on you for offering and recinding the offer for no valid reason. Not to mention not following up with a written explanation and making us chase a response down once again. . 

Hi @joran  thank you for posting ot us about this in our Community Customer Care forum. I am very sorry for the poor customer service both you and your husband have received regarding this new promotional QCard account credit. I have placed the $40 credit on his shopping account (not the QCard account) today and it is available to use on any item of his choice, there is no expiration date to it. Thank you both for being our customers. Kim

Honored Contributor

It sure seems like a lot of work for a measly old $40 when other cards offer far better incentives. 

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Suzeecat wrote:

@Suzeecat    I don't know why HSN would be any different since they're both now using the same slippery Synchrony Bank.  This bank has a near-monopoly on the retail credit business in the US and they seem to get away with murder (so to speak).  People need to start filing complaints about them; they are nasty, inflexible and have the world's worst CS.  Even Walmart recently suspended their contract with them.  I wouldn't touch them with a ten ft. pole.

I got my HSN card (and the credit) before they switched to Synchrony, but they are still advertising the same incentive - you immediately get the credit from your first order.  QVC makes you order something, then wait until it shows up on your statement, and until you PAY for it, before they give you the credit.  AND, they say it can take a month or two after that to get the credit.  When I applied for the QVC card, my qualifying order was for cookies with an advanced delivery date.  So, I waited several months to get the order.  Then, the cookies arrived all broken so they gave me a credit for them.  So, I never got the account credit.  Loophole, thanks to inferior product. 

New Contributor

I never got my credit either! I signed up when they had the $50 dollar credit....and silence. Nothing....

QVC Customer Care

@Lizzy1234 wrote:

I never got my credit either! I signed up when they had the $50 dollar credit....and silence. Nothing....

Hi @Lizzy1234 thank you for posting to us here in the Community Customer Care forum. And thank you for opening the QCard and using it for the purchase. I checked the details in the promotion, it says in will take 6-8 weeks for the $50 to post to your member account. Please contact us if you do not see it then, thank you. Kim 

QVC will post the QVC account credit to the QVC accounts of qualifying QCard holders within 6-8 weeks after the conclusion of the offer period

Occasional Visitor

Same thing happened to me.  No notification and then the credit that I didn't know I had was expired!  They are giving me the total run around after I spent a small fortune with them!