Respected Contributor

I caved and made two CIJ orders from the Valerie Parr Hill shows on July 15th...just could not resist! I'm out of town for a couple weeks figuring they wouldn't be shipped until probably November. My neighbor texted me yesterday and said there were two boxes on my doorstep for a few days and she was concerned about me. I told one of my neighbors I'd be gone but not this one. I didn't expect any packages and now can't wait to get home to open the boxes and see these new treasures. Merry Christmas in July to me!

Esteemed Contributor

@Carolina925  I had pretty much the same experience. I ordered 3 Valerie items and received them within days. Unfortunately, one of the items was defective and has already been returned. The Mr. Christmas item I ordered just shipped yesterday. With the kind of heat we've been having here in eastern PA, I would want to make sure my packages got inside asap, so I hope one of your neighbors took them in for you. 

Respected Contributor

@PA Mom-mom , if I had needed them, they wouldn't have arrived! We've had hot weather but cooled down by afternoon thunderstorms so not as bad as some parts of our country have it. I don't have neighbors that are constantly over like in past times but they do look out for me. Stay cool as much as possible.

Honored Contributor

That explains why our clothing orders are suddenly sitting unshipped being "processed".  Christmas must be getting priority.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

YEP! I got everything that I ordered in about a week!

I'm figuring it was stuff that never came in last year and they want to get rid of it...LOL

Respected Contributor

@Carolina925 @PA Mom-mom 

Have had the same experience and quite shocked as none of the Valerie items were advance orders and also didn't take 2 weeks to ship.

The wooden house arrives today, have already received the church and barn (sold out) H233638 and received the JOY stand up figural H231564 also beautifully detailed and not damaged.

Which Valerie items did you order?

Honored Contributor

I'm convinced CIJ is just an excuse for the Q's biggest annual clearance sale.  What little I've seen of it appears to be the exact same stuff they sold last year that apparently nobody wanted.  Surely the Chinese manufacturers have come up with a few new things in the past year.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@rockygems123 wrote:

@Carolina925 @PA Mom-mom 

Have had the same experience and quite shocked as none of the Valerie items were advance orders and also didn't take 2 weeks to ship.

The wooden house arrives today, have already received the church and barn (sold out) H233638 and received the JOY stand up figural H231564 also beautifully detailed and not damaged.

Which Valerie items did you order?

@rockygems123  These items:

H233638 (the church)

Illuminated Wooden_Church w/ Bottlebrush Trees - H233638

H228901

12" Illuminated Holiday Glitter Figure by Valer - H228901

H231564

Joy Sign with Holy Family and Angel by Valerie - H231564

I had to return the church, because there was some kind of white glop all over the top wreath and the lights on the bottle brush trees were placed and wired really badly (only one light on one tree and 2 on the other tree at the very bottom).

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624  I think you're right about CIJ featuring mostly leftovers, but there are some new items. I use the opportunity to order things I either didn't see last year or things I was on the fence about last year. All the items I ordered this month are Christmas presents for family members who expressed an interest.

Respected Contributor

@rockygems123 

I like to put displays of small trees all around the house and the ones I had been using were getting a little long in the tooth. I ordered H227378, set of 2 peppermint swirl trees and H221088, set of 2 glistening snow trees. Yes, I believe in lots of sparkles at Christmastime Woman Very Happy