Frequent Contributor

Re: CAN A SENIOR CUSTOMER SERVICE REP CONTACT ME?????

I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU MEAN REGARDING BETHLEHEM LIGHTS.  MANY YEARS AGO, I ORDERED A WREATH AND THE SMELL OF THE WREATH WAS SO RANCID THAT I SPRAYED IT WITH PERFUME.  I DIDN'T ATTEMPT TO SEND IT BACK TO QVC, AND I FINALLY ENDED UP THROWING IT AWAY.  THERE WAS NO ONE TO CONTACT REGARDING THIS PROBLEM WITH THIS WREATH.  I WILL TELL YOU ONE THING, I NEVER, NEVER, NEVER ORDERED ANYTHING THAT WAS A BETHLEHEM PRODUCT, AGAIN!

Respected Contributor

@little missy wrote:

I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU MEAN REGARDING BETHLEHEM LIGHTS.  MANY YEARS AGO, I ORDERED A WREATH AND THE SMELL OF THE WREATH WAS SO RANCID THAT I SPRAYED IT WITH PERFUME.  I DIDN'T ATTEMPT TO SEND IT BACK TO QVC, AND I FINALLY ENDED UP THROWING IT AWAY.  THERE WAS NO ONE TO CONTACT REGARDING THIS PROBLEM WITH THIS WREATH.  I WILL TELL YOU ONE THING, I NEVER, NEVER, NEVER ORDERED ANYTHING THAT WAS A BETHLEHEM PRODUCT, AGAIN!

@little missy So far it's just crickets from Bethlehem Lights (no reply...yet...to my request for their Care & Use Instructions that I requested) and QVC Social Team just referring me back to BL saying "the item is over a year old, no warranty.)  I will walk away from The Q if necessary.  It's the principle.  No one likes to be ripped off.

Honored Contributor

I also had bad luck with BL.  I bought a pre-lit wreath and, after two years, many lights were out.  And they weren't the kind of bulbs that could be removed and replaced.  I ended up removing the light string and the battery pack, and using the wreath - unlit - for a couple of years.  No more BL for me. 

Respected Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

I also had bad luck with BL.  I bought a pre-lit wreath and, after two years, many lights were out.  And they weren't the kind of bulbs that could be removed and replaced.  I ended up removing the light string and the battery pack, and using the wreath - unlit - for a couple of years.  No more BL for me. 

@ValuSkr  I just posted on another Forum that QVC finally stepped up and made it right.  It took a few days and emails back and forth, but this fellow was able to resolve the issue quickly and was surprised it had even gotten this far.  He emailed me a prepaid label, told me to send the wreath back, and my money will be refunded.  Easy peasy.  So now I'm a happy girl again.   :-)   

(The same white wreath is now sold under a different item number, and it was sold as a TSV this past July and is eligible for return through January 2022.  I wonder how many people will buy it, use it, then return it.)