Frequent Contributor

Buying AS IS clothing from QVC during pandemic

How is QVC handling their AS IS clothing during this pandemi? Does anyone know?

Contributor

Re: Buying AS IS clothing from QVC during pandemic

I have been buying “as is” so far good experience. Have been doing this since QVC prices have risen dramatically. Denim and Co for instance prices like $50 to $64 for a top. At one time QVC prices were affordable but the last year to expensive. When ordering “as is” I can still return.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Fionna wrote:

How is QVC handling their AS IS clothing during this pandemi? Does anyone know?

@Fionna 

What kind of info specifically are you asking about? Whether or not they are somehow disinfecting or putting aside for a few weeks any returned items before reselling? 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Fionna  that question crossed my mind also. I´ve only bought one piece of ¨As is¨ clothing years ago and was very, very please with it.

Maybe QVC might say something about their procedure.  Have you checked the ¨As is¨ site to see if anything was said.

Frequent Contributor

Yes, I am wondering how they are reselling these during the virus. I have not heard about how long the virus can stay on clothing. 

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't be any more concerned about purchasing as-is clothing than I would a brand new item whether clothing or anything else.  They're all packaged by real people, and I'm not concerned that the virus could live that long.  On top of that, I have seen so many comments here about how slow the shipping is, so there's even more time for it to ie.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I almost always washed things I order before I wear them.

I'm being a bit more careful now and washing EVERYTHING I order - "as-is" and "new."   (I recently ordered two pairs of as-is SG lustra knit skinny pants.  I love lustra knit, but not enough to pay full price.)

Rather than sticking them in the hamper and washing them with a load of laundry - I wash them in the bathroom sink and hang over the tub to dry.

What was shocking when I first started doing this - how "dirty" the clothes were.  Sometimes it takes several rinses to get clear water.  And, whites are as dirty as colors.

When you think about how many people and machines are involved in creating the fabric, cutting and sewing the garment, follding and packing - each garment could have been handled by dozens of people.

--------------------------------

ETA:  I recently bought some WWC pants - there was a "wash before wearing" tag.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

The as is items are not the only returns they deal with.   Seems like more and more lately I'm receiving someone's returned item, sold as "new."   I'm not concerned about the virus surviving for days in the warehouse and sitting in transit for a month.