Honored Contributor

I received a pair of 14k earrings yesterday and they are broken.  It doesn't appear that it happened during shipping because they came in a box.  Where is QC?  Why would a broken pair of earrings be sent to me?  

What irritates me most is that I have to pay shipping to return these and reorder them with another shipping fee!

Respected Contributor

I guess I'm very fortunate to have a lady friend at church who is very talented at jewelry making and repair. Sorry to learn that defective product is shipped .

Honored Contributor

We never have to pay the return shipping fee on defective merchandise.

Just mark 'defective' on the return slip and your original shipping and return shipping is not charged, although sometimes you need to follow up to make sure you aren't charged.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
QVC Customer Care

@CalminHeart wrote:

I received a pair of 14k earrings yesterday and they are broken.  It doesn't appear that it happened during shipping because they came in a box.  Where is QC?  Why would a broken pair of earrings be sent to me?  

What irritates me most is that I have to pay shipping to return these and reorder them with another shipping fee!

Good morning @CalminHeart - I apologize that happened. I can help, please email me at QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com with the order information, thank you. ~Kim

Respected Contributor

Of course you will not be charged s/h either way if something is damaged.

Honored Contributor

I have always been charged for return shipping on damaged items.  Can you make a a note on my order to not charge it?  Thank you.

QVC Customer Care

@CalminHeart

It has always been our policy that we do not charge return shipping on any item that is damaged, defective, wrong item - in fact anything that is beyond the customer's control. I will make sure your order is marked accordingly. Did you wish me to send out a replacement pair of earrings?

Beth QVC

Honored Contributor

Hi.  I put the broken earrings in the mail today (priority mail) and asked for an exchange.  It's fine if you can send the replacement pair earlier.  Otherwise, I'll wait for the exchange.  Thank you!

QVC Customer Care

@CalminHeart

I have marked your account for the exchange so there will not be any fees. You should have your replacement pair by the end of the week.

Beth QVC