Honored Contributor

Broken Links: "QVC Community Standards for Participation"

[ Edited ]

Greetings, QVC Social Team.😊

Please ask IT support to mend the broken links to "QVC Community Standards for Participation."

As far as I can tell...   with every screen option and all of the embedded links I've checked directing us to "Standards" or "Community Standards" the hyperlink goes to the "Page Not Found" error message:

"Oops! We couldn't find that page.
The page you're looking for was either moved, removed, renamed, or doesn't exist.
Please visit our homepage or contact us."
(https://www.qvc.com/error/404.html)

image 1
025369D2-B5C8-4847-848F-97288B5AA0CE.jpeg

Most noticeably, there's the prominent "WE HEARD YOU!" banner. 

The words "Get started now" are a link taking us to the "Welcome Get Started" list of topics.

That list contains the key thread "Community Guidelines" summarizing the posting policies:

image 2 and 3
4DBC46EF-9DE8-4862-8F9A-F8C1CB1624EB.jpeg

A7ABAABD-6251-4F48-8CFC-BA48077D6DD3.jpeg

The first and third paragraphs of the "Community Guidelines" thread direct us to the standards with hyperlinks in the words "Community Standards" both of which go to the "Oops!" message.

image 4
B296E26C-4148-42C6-9D11-94A151F0CAB3.jpeg

Also, on every forum page the Quick links "Standards" option takes us to "Oops!"

image 5 
589C0859-3A96-40D3-A1BB-CD2FF57A8BE5.jpeg

The correct link for QVC Community Standards for Participation is:
https://www.qvc.com/content/information/qvc-community-standards.html

I'm using Apple devices, all software updated, and I use several different browsers, but I'm pretty sure this is a universal problem and not specific to my devices or software.

Thanks for taking time to review this and, if needed, forwarding it on to tech support.
Good wishes to everyone for a pleasant and peaceful evening and week!😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Re: Broken Links: "QVC Community Standards for Participation"

Wish you could help them fix things @dooBdoo . You are smart about these things.

Honored Contributor

To Social Team and @dooBdoo 

I'm on my PC, Windows 10, and am seeing the same thing.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@Beth-QVC

@Barbara-QVC

@Susan-QVC

@Cindy-QVC

@Kinski-QVC

@Alice-QVC

@Kim-QVC

@Wayne-QVC

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

QVC Customer Care

@Mz iMac @dooBdoo 

reported to IT

Beth QVC

Honored Contributor

@AuntG,  Thank you for that lovely compliment!😊

@GingerPeach,  Thank you for the additional information.😊

@Mz iMac,  Thank you for the shout-outs.😊

and

@Beth-QVC,  Thank you for passing it along.😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
New Contributor

GREAT Presentation! I Love the graphics too!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dooBdoo @Thank you for posting. Your post directly backed up my two posts.

I have a question or two. What do you use to get the red arrows? How do you get your screen shots to look so clear? I'm on an iPad Pro with OS 14.8 but I do have MS Word, Pages, Google Docs, as well as multiple other word processing programs on my iPad. I have Slides, Keynote and PowerPoint. My camera program is the Apple Camera that comes standard on my iPad Pro, 10.5",  or the Camera Plus App. My Apple Pencil is broken. 

I Like the looks of your submission to the mods about the broken links problem. Yours looks so much less messy than mine does. I'll take any tips you are willing to share.

Eureka. I think I figured out that you could have used app such as iMark. I can use it without my Apple Pencil to get the arrows, but my images do not have slightly rounded corners the way your images do. I can also insert arrows using the mark ups that are on the bottom of the screen after I take a screenshot. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi, @Mindy D!   I'm glad you like the look of the screenshots.

I see you edited your post to mention Markup while I was typing...   I'll go ahead and post this as written in case it's helpful.

I always edit images on my old 2018 iPad 6 (currently iPadOS 15.0.1).
I don't use an Apple Pencil -- just my fingers or a simple stylus.

I like the free Photoshop Express Photo Editor App (some of its features require paying for the Premium version, but I've never found a need to do so).

First, I use PS Express to crop edges to remove unnecessary content -- it cleans it up a bit and zooms in on the text a little more to enlarge it.

Then, I usually use a mix of 2 PS Express tools,  Clarity and Sharpen.  

Next, if I want some of the colors to be brighter, I use Saturation and/or Vibrance.

Then I save the image. 
        (Note: In PS Express, saving the edited image does not save over the original image -- it creates a new, separate one.)

To add arrows, I use the native iPad Photo app.   

Select the image, tap Edit, choose the Markup icon (looks like a pen tip), choose the "+" plus sign on the popup, and tap on the arrow.  
Tap "Done" to save or you can tap "Cancel" if you don't want to save.
        (Note:  Be aware that editing in the Photo app does save over the original, so I recommend having a backup duplicate of the image in case you don't like the saved edits and want to start fresh.)

Sometimes I use the features in the free Snapseed app, too. 
The Frames allow me to add the rounded corners.

This might seem like a lot (I admit I'm detail-oriented🙃😉) but if you play around with the apps they become quick, easy, simple. 

These are just the basics -- all 3 apps have a myriad of features.  If  you find that you like using them, let me know if you have questions.
Hope that helps!😊   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chander73 wrote:

GREAT Presentation! I Love the graphics too!

Thanks, @chander73, for that lovely compliment!   I've spent most of my life working in IT, written and illustrated technical and educational documents, developers tech reports, that sort of thing.

So, really, I'm just lucky because I've had the time and opportunity to learn by experience.

Nice to meet you!

Have a pleasant evening!😊