Occasional Contributor

Re: Broken Holiday Delivery Promises

@homedecor1I truly hope you recieve your medicine.  I am not comparing my situation to something of that nature, but it does shed light on the state of customer service in this day and age.  It also speaks to the problem that so many customers are unfortunately facing... That is, when customer service either does not have or does not seem concerned that THEY don't have a means or the ability to provide the means to escalate a customer's concern to a level that can provide a resolution.

It is unfortunate for QVC regarding the warehouse fire.  My condolences go out to the family of the young man who lost his life.  That still does not absolve QVC of their other responsibilities.

What needs to be resolved is that 1) promises are being made on air that they KNOW they can't keep (this is false advertising and fraud if they knowingly state it will ship immediately when they can't ship immediately and/or promise it by a specific date that they know they can't possibly or won't meet) and 2) the items they are selling are known to be faulty.  It doesn't matter if it is a sales tactic it is deceitful and deplorable.

Putting both of these issues into the mix at the same time removes the "service" from customer service and to turn a blind eye to it by not notifying affected customers takes it to another level.  The number of customers they would have to notify does not matter.  It is QVC's issue and responsibilty to notify them and provide a means to escalate to those customers.  THAT is the cost of doing business and THEIR responsibility.  Are we, as consumers, expected to shut up and take this?  No, I, and others like me, will take the information that we must track down and force QVC to fulfill their end of the contract.  It is not our issue who they choose to use as retailers or shippers.  That is their decision, but they are required to uphold their end of the contract regardless.  If not, again, they have a responsiblity to inform customers if they cannot.

If you disagree, I have a bridge in Brooklyn and some land in Florida that I'd like to sell you.  Any defense of QVC's lack of taking responsibilty, as they should, is also a part of the problem.

Occasional Contributor

@Kachina624Thank you so much for restating the exact problem!

As a customer, I shouldn't have to search the internet for this information.  Customer Service should have it at their fingertips and be able to provide if the situation warrants it.  I seriously doubt if there aren't people at QVC that aren't aware that this not happening.  This is not a new idea in customer service.  Rather it used to be the norm.

Deriding me for being upset that QVC isn't fulfilling their part of the contract or, as @Sooner suggested, that we all just chill out, contributes and supports QVC in their lack of responsibility.  I for one will not, and do not expect others, to sit down, shut up, and accept the situation.  We should not have to accept this and we will hold the responsible parties accountable.  Maybe they'll understand when their wallets are a little thinner.

Honored Contributor

@royalcavaliers 

I'm sorry this happened, but I agree with the posters who said never buy anything online for Christmas delivery after December 1st.   

Keep in mind ....  It's possible QVC had information that seemed like delivery would happen in a timely manner, but once the package leaves the warehouse, QVC cannot guarantee shipment after that. 

Certainly you must realize that no retailer can guarantee that UPS, FEDEX, USPS etc etc can keep things moving, and bad weather is something we need to make allowances for, even if it seems like a mild winter.  Stuff happens, and it makes no sense to lie to customers, but a delayed package isn't a "broken promise" with QVC at fault.  It could very easily be the UPS warehouse ... or some other thing out of QVC's control.   

Honored Contributor

@royalcavaliers Well, unlike you I can't change the world we live in.  So I can either chill out or be mad over stuff that doesn't really matter.

Times are not what they were 3 years ago, and I'm learning to live with what is now. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well, let's just say @royalcavaliers 

if you talked the way to the CS rep that you just did to me?

I'd hang up on you too.

Contributor

Royalcavaliers - Sorry you have been bombarded by such unfeeling and uncaring posters but I do understand and emphatize with your frustration.   I too was left hanging out there with nothing more than an empty promise of delivery before or by Christmas.  My solution is that I will no longer shop with QVC and I have been a customer for over 30 years.  Yes, times are different BUT QVC knows that and should not have so emphatically promised Christmas delivery.  Hopefully your new year will be brighter!