Respected Contributor

Yes, this has happened to me and the oven wasn't anywhere near 500 degrees. I still have a few pieces from before the incident, which don't go into the oven.

Honored Contributor

And Tara continues to flaunt her great products. I've had it happen too and will never order again. 

Esteemed Contributor

I stopped buying this line years ago for the very same reason.  Could not believe it when I was removing a pan from the oven and all of a sudden I had drippings everywhere.  I wanted to cry.  I have other pieces that I just use for colder dishes now or to put fruit in.

It's too bad because some of the designs are pretty but if they are not functional then what are we getting out of the product???   CORNINGWARE is the way to go Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@JETTY Yes temptations split in oven as did the expensive polish pottery I purchased.

Will not buy again....nothing beats Corning Wear.  I have a few old pieces that are still alive and well.

Honored Contributor

@JETT 

Yes. We welcome and encourage you to report any safety concern about a consumer product through our website, SaferProducts.gov. You can also report to us by phone Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. ET at (800) 638-2772 or teletypewriter at (301) 595-7054. CPSC accepts reports by Fax at the toll-free phone number (855) 221-6466 and by postal mail. Fill out and mail this form in English or Spanishto:

U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission

Attn: Reports

4330 East West Highway

Bethesda, MD 20814

Occasional Contributor

I am doing a lot of purging and donating to Good Will type stores.  I believe I will be purging all my Temptations.  I've changed colors in my kitchen so now is the time to do it anyways.  I have a lot of it too.