Honored Contributor

Re: Boo-Hoo! Mobile View Still Askew/ Week SEVEN!!

Teddie wrote:

I'm glad this was brought up again. I really doubt anyone has been working on this for all these days. I don't think it matters to them and I have found this to be quite disappointing. 

On the other hand, I came on and found that all the messages are now marked as new, as if I've never read them. Now I'm starting all over in trying to figure out where I left off.  I have no idea why this happened. 

These boards are getting to be full of complaints. I don't remember it ever being this bad. 

Hi, @Teddie!    On the left side of each page under "Quick Links" there's a feature "Mark all Posts in Community as New."   I have no idea why anyone would want to do this, and if it were up to me I'd disable the feature.   Unfortunately, it's very easy to click/tap it by mistake and then there's no way to undo it other than going back to each thread, one-by-one, and actually viewing them.   The other feature, "Mark all Posts in Community as Read" also is active but in my opinion it wouldn't be that useful since we still wouldn't know which posts we actually had seen.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

@Teddie@dooBdoo,

Those quick links are easy to tap accidentally. Especially on a hand held device.  I've done it more than once.

Now, when I've exhausted what the board has to offer, I'll tap 'Mark all as Read'. When I come back in a day or two that saves me a lot of time.

Trusted Contributor

Hi @dooBdoo!  I knew about those features on the left and tried to watch out for them but evidently something must have happened. I agree with you, I don't know why they're even there. Why would anyone want to click on them. Thank you for taking the time for me.  🙂

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Boo-Hoo! Mobile View Still Askew/ Week Seven!!

What week is this now?

Maybe they are working on an entirely new mobile view that will be amazing!! Fingers crossed...
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Boo-Hoo! Mobile View Still Askew/Week THIRTEEN !!

UPDATE:

Hello QVC mods. Just checking in to say proportions in mobile view are still out of wack.
It is 94 days today. 
Have to constantly enlarge view up, pinch view down, and shift whole screen left-right-left-right to read each line of tiny print.

Trusted Contributor

Do you ever get the feeling we're being ignored?

Honored Contributor

Teddie wrote:

@Teddie, @x Hedge, @Alter Ego

Hi, again!   I do think this problem has been forwarded to tech support by the Q Social Team, but I agree that's where it ended.     No changes or fixes have been implemented.   The original problem still exists.

I wanted to add:   When this problem cropped up I also noticed I can't use the normal method to post an image using my iPhone in full desktop mode.    Using the icon for "Insert/edit image" is glitchy -- it won't actually allow me to access all the steps.    The only way I can add an image with my iPhone is by switching from "Rick Text" to "HTML" and entering the HTML code for the image.     Clearly, the software "update" to this site neglected to accommodate mobile phones.    Very odd, short-sighted, and unprofessional, in my opinion.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Teddie wrote:

@Teddie, @x Hedge, @Alter Ego

Hi, again!   I do think this problem has been forwarded to tech support by the Q Social Team, but I agree that's where it ended.     No changes or fixes have been implemented.   The original problem still exists.

I wanted to add:   When this problem cropped up I also noticed I can't use the normal method to post an image using my iPhone in full desktop mode.    Using the icon for "Insert/edit image" is glitchy -- it won't actually allow me to access all the steps.    The only way I can add an image with my iPhone is by switching from "Rick Text" to "HTML" and entering the HTML code for the image.     Clearly, the software "update" to this site neglected to accommodate mobile phones.    Very odd, short-sighted, and unprofessional, in my opinion.

Sigh.  Thanks everyone for continuing to bring this post to the forefront. It may not have been perfect before, but was certainly better than it is now!

I did want to say that I haven't had the same issues re: posting photos (and photos are the only things I do post, no other images so I really don't even know what you mean re: HTML!) from my iPhone.  I do sometimes need to pinch and pull the phone to see some of the selections, but the only issue I've ever had was size of the file (which I've subsequently learned to shrink).

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Boo-Hoo! Mobile View Still Askew/WEEK FIFTEEN !!

Hello mods,

Another week or two has flown by and I'm prompted to 

UPDATE:

my last post on this thread since the proportions in mobile view are STILL out of wack.

It is 110 days today.

110 days divided by 7 puts us at 15+ weeks mobile view users havent been able to use mobile view without distress, and difficulty.

Have to constantly enlarge view up, pinch view down, and shift whole screen left-right-left-right to read each line of tiny print, resulting in severe eyestrain, headache, blurry vision, etc.