Esteemed Contributor

Billing question on food items

when they say you won't be billed till the item ships in say November or December is your cc billed immediately and then falls off and not actually billed till the ship date?   It seems I remember from last holidAy season being billed immediately on ordering,  but then it fell off in a few days and wasn't billed till ship date.  I guess they want to make sure there are funds or something???   I guess I'm asking why say not billed if they do initially,  true it does fall off ,  but if using debit card I'm  not really liking that.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Billing question on food items

[ Edited ]

No billing now.....only billed when the item goes into "process" at the later ship date of Nov or Dec; at that time the billing is done to your debit/credit card.....

Valued Contributor

When I use my CC for an advance order today, QVC pinged my credit card for 0.00 in my pending section of the CC. I know it will fall off in a couple of days and there's no transaction left showing. They used to charge $1 to pending and that would drop off, too, a couple of days later. 

Then I would see a pending for the transaction amount when it goes into in-process like in Nov or Dec.

Honored Contributor

Correct.  A hold goes on your card for the funds and will drop off shortly.  The time frame depends on your card.  No actual billing is done until the item ships.

Esteemed Contributor

so then you are billed the pending charge on your cc/debt card that will fall off and then billed at time of process ?  I know it isn't actually charged,  but the amount will show on a debt card  as being taken out till it falls off 2 or 3 days later .  I guess because they always say your cc won't be charged till it ships.  Which is true,  but it is a pending charge till it falls off right ?