Trusted Contributor

Begging You Not to Ruin Shoes!!

I have posted about this before but sadly nothing has changed.  Please stop shoving a standard ladies size 7 or 8 insert stick into a size 5 shoe when shipping them.  This stretches out the shoe in the heel.  Clearly the inserts don't fit so why ruin the shoe size?A QVC Customer Care rep posted the last time I wrote about this & she said she would pass this information along.  I gave it another shot & ordered a nice pair of shoes recently but they were packed the same way & once again stretched out in the heel by a too-long insert stick.   Now I have to return them.  Learned my lesson I can't ever order shoes again here.

QVC Customer Care

Re: Begging You Not to Ruin Shoes!!

@nova wrote:

I have posted about this before but sadly nothing has changed.  Please stop shoving a standard ladies size 7 or 8 insert stick into a size 5 shoe when shipping them.  This stretches out the shoe in the heel.  Clearly the inserts don't fit so why ruin the shoe size?A QVC Customer Care rep posted the last time I wrote about this & she said she would pass this information along.  I gave it another shot & ordered a nice pair of shoes recently but they were packed the same way & once again stretched out in the heel by a too-long insert stick.   Now I have to return them.  Learned my lesson I can't ever order shoes again here.

Hi @nova

I am very sorry that your shoes arrived stretched out. I will certainly forward your feedback once again. Please follow the step by step return instructions and indicate that the shoes were damaged. 

Barb

Customer Care

Respected Contributor

QVC doesn't put those in the shoes, they come boxed that way from the manufacturer. 

Honored Contributor

The manufacturers put the packing in the shoes.  I get shoes straight from them through Zulily and many have even more stuffing that the Q shoes.  It helps them hold their shape through the shipping process.  I've never seen a shoe stuffed so tightly that it would stretch the shoe ot change its shape.  It just helps the shoes hold the shape with which they were made.  You'd have to use shoe stretchers to actually stretch them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Barbara-QVC  Thank you.

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 @kitcat51  It's a problem with the size 5 shoes.  The inserts are way too long for the size.  When I posted about this a few months ago the stick almost pierced the back of the Isaac Mizrahi pump I wanted to buy.  I've not had this problem when I've ordered shoes from Zappos, Nordstrom or Macy's.  Thank you though for the information about the manufacturers.  Perhaps it's the particular brand I'm ordering here.

Respected Contributor

Surely you didn't think QVC opened each box and inserted these sticks in them, anytime you order from any company, you will get this..I've had this for years as we don't have a shoestore in my town, just a little scunchng on the heel of the shoe and they will flatten out. I worked in a shoe store all 4 years of my college days and almost every shoe had to be flatened.

Trusted Contributor

@HLP  My point is to make QVC aware the smallest size shoes sold here are being ruined .  From a business perspective that means more returns as well.  If it is a certain manufacturer packing them this way (to save money because the inserts are clearly too large) then it's not good business.  As I stated I buy size 5 shoes (& even size 4.5) from Zappos, Macy's & Nordstroms and yes they are pcked with inserts  with the correct size for the shoe.