Super Contributor

Be Careful When Changing Order On QVC Dot Com, Unhappy!

Hey everyone, just a heads up be VERY careful when editing your order online at QVC dot com, I LITERALLY just changed from check order to credit card maybe 15 minutes ago, and realized I needed a different size rather than the size I ordered ~ well, I changed the size and when i did, THE PRICE SHOT UP to what QVC is now charging for the item! :-O
I tried to immediately call QVC CS and was told even though it had been only 15 minutes, they "weren't able to change back the price" as the "system wouldn't allow it" and that I have to wait literally until it SHIPS, then they can issue a credit. What the heck happened is beyond me. I rarely do it, but have edited orders before and didn't have this problem ugh. Not too happy!
Super Contributor

Re: Be Careful When Changing Order On QVC Dot Com, Unhappy!

Forgot to add, it was a TSV price that I ordered it at originally as a check order - difference in price is about $18 but still, just don't understand how that happened. Anyone else ever have that problem?
Valued Contributor

I ordered a top at a sale price and later in the day it went up by 13.00. I called CS and they told me the same thing. You have to wait until it ships. I got my credit very soon after. 

Super Contributor

@DJP my circumstances are totally different, though ~ I ordered this item as a TSV at $58.96 as a check order, transferred it around 12:15 AM to my credit card, then immediately thereafter changed the Size on the item, when I did for some crazy reason the price totally changed to what QVC is currently charging.
That shouldn't have happened. Now I have to take extra time and care to be sure and notice when it ships, and call back for CS to correct the error and charge the correct price. Not too happy it's an inconvenience and a strange problem, wonder why it happened.
Super Contributor

Was typing in a hurry earlier, obviously it went up by about $12 not $18 lol ~ for some reason I can't edit my original post.
Valued Contributor

I know your circumstance is different. This web site is wacky. You never know what will happen when you try to change an order. Sometimes I can't even check out. I go to my ipad and it lets me check out. Just make sure you call when your order ships.

Super Contributor

@DJP I appreciate your help, thank you. I'm just confused and also a little upset that my card will even be charged an extra amount when it shouldn't have happened. Thank heaven it's not my ATM / credit card lol, of course $12 isn't the end of the world but it's an inconvenience- also, you never know these days how long something will be in processing before it finally ships ugh. Keeping a constant eye on that is annoying for sure lol. Thanks again!
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Also it's crazy how very quickly you can't change something on an order because the system won't allow you - 15 minutes later, really? LOL! And that's partly because it took 10 minutes for CS to pick up my call.
I've found that if you call between midnight and 1 AM it often is difficult to get through.
Honored Contributor

@DooneyGal2 wrote:
Forgot to add, it was a TSV price that I ordered it at originally as a check order - difference in price is about $18 but still, just don't understand how that happened. Anyone else ever have that problem?

@DooneyGal2- Yes, I've had that happen, quite a long time ago.  What I realized afterwards is that to avoid this happening, I needed to change the item first (different color or size), then change the method of payment.

Once you change the method of payment, any other changes made after will affect the price.  It's treated pretty much as a new order, even though the order number hasn't changed.

They won't adjust the price until it ships because, once a credit is made, if you managed to cancel before it shipped, you'd get the full price back.  And you'd already have the credit for the price adjustment - if that makes any sense.  So you'd get more back than you were charged.

I'm sure you'll get the price adjusted once your order ships.  I'd email the moderators for help.

Super Contributor

@Venezia thank you. Seems wacky to me, but understand what you said. It hit me literally right after I changed it to my credit card that I had noticed before hand, my original size was now on Waitlist status, and thought oh no, better go up a size to ensure I still get the item. My mistake. Still, regardless, I've seen other customers upset that the system so incredibly quickly doesn't allow you to cancel an order and now apparently edit an order. I just heard from the Social Team of QVC and she said that you should be able to edit your order during processing and that shouldn't have happened, and if it happens again to immediately call QVC CS.
Actually, lol, that's what I did do, called QVC CS immediately when I saw the price change. Oh well.