Reply
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,071
Registered: ‎05-22-2010

@Bhvbum I think that perhaps they got such a huge response to their TSV, coupled with the monumental snowstorm N.Y. City had, they were unable to fulfill all the orders.  I for one am disappointed that my orders will not be coming but understand things happen.  They make such good bagels and will not give up on this vendor so will be looking for their next presentation, hopefully in the spring when the weather is not a factor.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,163
Registered: ‎07-18-2010

@Chlemma wrote:

@Bhvbum I think that perhaps they got such a huge response to their TSV, coupled with the monumental snowstorm N.Y. City had, they were unable to fulfill all the orders.  I for one am disappointed that my orders will not be coming but understand things happen.  They make such good bagels and will not give up on this vendor so will be looking for their next presentation, hopefully in the spring when the weather is not a factor.


I agree with what you said, what I don't agree with is they have no responsibility to let me know what is going on.

And QVC should have done that if Just Bagels was not going to do it. I shouldn't be waiting 14 days after my ship date, having no clue when my bagels will arrive. Are they aging somewhere? Will they be stale when I get them? My second order was to family, I kept that order but I have no clue when they will get theirs, and will their gift be stale?

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,689
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

@Bhvbum - I just checked my order again (that should've shipped the week of the 8th) and it now says "shipped on 02/22", EDD of the 24th.  So that's an update from the "label printed 02/17".

 

I'll just have to wait to see what condition they're in, when they arrive.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,283
Registered: ‎10-09-2012

Just Bagels is responding to complaints about slow shipping on their Instagram page.  They said they are up to two weeks behind schedule because of the massive snow storm.  They said orders are not sitting somewhere; no orders are made unless they know they can be shipped safely the very same day.

 

I wish they would have sent a notice about their updated timetable.  But hopefully this means, although they are late, they should be just as fresh as always (I've ordered before and they are delicious!). 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,163
Registered: ‎07-18-2010

 


@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

Just Bagels is responding to complaints about slow shipping on their Instagram page.  They said they are up to two weeks behind schedule because of the massive snow storm.  They said orders are not sitting somewhere; no orders are made unless they know they can be shipped safely the very same day.

 

I wish they would have sent a notice about their updated timetable.  But hopefully this means, although they are late, they should be just as fresh as always (I've ordered before and they are delicious!). 


I too wish they had communicated this I had placed four orders two of which I canceled because they were for relatives and I had no idea when they would finally be shipped. If I had known they were not going to produce these until they were ready to ship I wouldn't of canceled them. I have yet to receive my bagels and my ship date was 2/8. 

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,689
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

@Bhvbum  @Caaareful Shopper  Mine were for the ship date of February 8th and I just received them today.  They were shipped on the 22nd.

 

 I got the sweet selection and I've followed the enclosed instructions and froze them immediately.  I did have one of the French toast bagels and it was delicious.

 

The blueberry bagels were very moist but they seemed okay.  I just repacked them (threw away the plastic sleeve they were in).

 

 I hope everyone gets theirs soon.  I do think they could've communicated the issues better.  I don't do Instagram!

Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,283
Registered: ‎10-09-2012

@Venezia wrote:

@Bhvbum  @Caaareful Shopper  Mine were for the ship date of February 8th and I just received them today.  They were shipped on the 22nd.

 

 I got the sweet selection and I've followed the enclosed instructions and froze them immediately.  I did have one of the French toast bagels and it was delicious.

 

The blueberry bagels were very moist but they seemed okay.  I just repacked them (threw away the plastic sleeve they were in).

 

 I hope everyone gets theirs soon.  I do think they could've communicated the issues better.  I don't do Instagram!


@Venezia  Enjoy!  My order was finally shipped out on the 23rd, and status shows they are at my post office and out for delivery this morning. 

I cut mine in half when they arrive, wrap each half separately, and put both wrapped halves in a ziploc bag to store in the freezer.  This way they don't have to be completely thawed in order for me to cut them when I'm ready to toast them.  Also, they never get freezer burn when I do it this way.  

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,071
Registered: ‎05-22-2010

@Bhvbum I had given up and had customer service cancel my order.  To my surprise yesterday I got an email from QVC saying my bagels were to be delivered that day!  And they were!  Beautiful fresh bagels.  Had the blueberry one for breakfast and boy was it good.  Certainly worth waiting for.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,163
Registered: ‎07-18-2010

@Chlemma wrote:

@Bhvbum I had given up and had customer service cancel my order.  To my surprise yesterday I got an email from QVC saying my bagels were to be delivered that day!  And they were!  Beautiful fresh bagels.  Had the blueberry one for breakfast and boy was it good.  Certainly worth waiting for.


 

My order to ship 2/8 arrived today, 2/25.  I took somebody's advice and sliced every one of them in half and put them back in the bags and then in the freezer. That way I can have half a bagel at a time. Someone else had apparently called them and were told that these bagels were made just before  UPS picks them up, so they are fresh, and mine were. I can't for breakfast!!

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,163
Registered: ‎07-18-2010

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@Venezia wrote:

@Bhvbum  @Caaareful Shopper  Mine were for the ship date of February 8th and I just received them today.  They were shipped on the 22nd.

 

 I got the sweet selection and I've followed the enclosed instructions and froze them immediately.  I did have one of the French toast bagels and it was delicious.

 

The blueberry bagels were very moist but they seemed okay.  I just repacked them (threw away the plastic sleeve they were in).

 

 I hope everyone gets theirs soon.  I do think they could've communicated the issues better.  I don't do Instagram!


@Venezia  Enjoy!  My order was finally shipped out on the 23rd, and status shows they are at my post office and out for delivery this morning. 

I cut mine in half when they arrive, wrap each half separately, and put both wrapped halves in a ziploc bag to store in the freezer.  This way they don't have to be completely thawed in order for me to cut them when I'm ready to toast them.  Also, they never get freezer burn when I do it this way.  


Thanks for the tip, when my arrived I did the same and cut them all in half and I put them in another zip loc.  

 

I saw on the Just Bagels website they are starting to slice them.  So this may be the last time I have to do it.