Trusted Contributor

Re: Bad return,Never Again! Please Read.

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

In the 30 plus years I have ordered from QVC, I have never had them take the money BEFORE they shipped the item.

@Imaoldhippie Are you sure.  Part of normal business operations is for the customer to pay BEFORE shipping a product.  I have NEVER had a product shipped that I hadn't already paid for.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mimomof4 ........  Thanks you are right I need to clarify my post.  The cost is taken out usually the same day or day before its shipped.  To my recollection its not been charged days before its shipped or maybe it takes that long for it to show up on my CC.

Geesh I need to pay more attention to what I am posting.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@hayeve wrote:

I have never delt with any online store that makes you wait for 17 days after you return something back like QVC does!

when you oder something ,they do not even wait till it is shipped your money is taken out right away , but they do not return as fast !

Guess its cause it is not their money !

Will never order anything again, learned my lesson.

@hayeve 

Many businesses do that as a means of earning interest on your money.  It depends on when their account receives interest and they will hold it until after that time. I worked for a company that did that.  I felt it was very unethical but nobody did anything about it.

@hayeve I believe that happens - yes, very unethical.  Also, QVC does not always refund the sales tax on a price adjustment, like I think they should. Sometimes I get it, sometimes I don't.  I don't believe for a second that they pay the sales tax on the higher price to the state.  I think they pay tax on the lower price, and keep the change.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

use the QVC easy returns process to receive your refund in less than seven days! it will happen even before they receive the  item back for processing.

(LOL, i feel like a broken record.)

I have never had a return credit within seven days and I use QVC easy returns always.  I just received credit for something I returned in early September.  I get return credit within 5 days from HSN.

Respected Contributor

The convenience of shopping, but not having to leave the house also comes with some 'cons'. 

Honored Contributor

@Lucylu12 wrote:

Email QVC Easy Retuns you are refunded within 3 to 5 days most of the time it's 3 days.

just give the order number reason for return and they email you back within 1 to 2 days to say they have processed your refund may take 3 to 5 days as stated above for the refund to appear. They just ask to return the item as soon as possible. So even if you send back the return after the email your refund is already in the works. 
QVC actually has the best customer service.

@Lucylu12 

My email said if I had not received the refund in November, to let them know.  They received it October 2.

Honored Contributor

@hayeve You'll be back.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I will say for many retail establishments--online, catalog, or brick and mortar that the credit appearing on the card is usually due to the credit card company and their delay in giving the money back. 

I have returned items to a physical store and it has taken up to 10 days before it is on my card as a credit.

Honored Contributor

@luvmybeetle wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

use the QVC easy returns process to receive your refund in less than seven days! it will happen even before they receive the  item back for processing.

I have never had a return credit within seven days and I use QVC easy returns always.  I just received credit for something I returned in early September.  I get return credit within 5 days from HSN.

@luvmybeetle 

are you sure you are using the easy returns process and emailing them regarding your returns? it usually doesnt even take 7 days to get my refund. it is often within 2 -3 days. sometimes i have not even take the item back to the post office yet and the refund is in my account.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@sunshine45, I don't think the purpose of this first ever post is to seek help or advice on returns. I believe the purpose is something else entirely. Woman Frustrated We will likely not hear squat back from the OP. Typical modus operandi.....the usual hit and run.

But to your point, although I did have one really bad experience with Easy Returns several months ago, I used it recently on four returns (a lot for me as I seldom make returns!) and the process was flawless, quick and easy...very pleased and impressed!!!