Honored Contributor

I've been getting a "Bad Request" message when clicking on the forum names this morning.  I have to click on it at least twice to get to the forums.  Has anyone else had this happen today?  This is what it says;

Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack  yes....it just happened to me too

Honored Contributor

The message I got was that the forum was down for maintenance and a few minutes later I could get on the forums. Perhaps there was a glitch and they fixed i.t

Honored Contributor

Re: Bad Request Message

[ Edited ]

The "Bad Request" page is really getting irritating.  It happens almost every time I try to go to another thread.  Will a moderator please report it to IT?  @Beth-QVC   @Kinski-QVC   

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

It's been acting up with similar error messages, off & on, for the past hour.

Esteemed Contributor
I was just posting about my issues under customer care , can't quote or change the size or font . Please report to IT 😖
Esteemed Contributor
OH and just found out can't heart either !!!😠
Honored Contributor

This is still a problem.  I get the "bad request" message almost every time I click on a new forum or thread.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Re: Bad Request Message

[ Edited ]

@NickNack@SeaMaiden, and @Caaareful Shopper 

This sounds like a commonly reported error.    If it looks like this -- or is similar -- and especially if it contains the word "cookie" -- that usually indicates some sort of "cookie corruption" on our device.  

example:

image.jpeg

In just about every case, the fix is to delete the browser's cookies/cache/data, close the browser, and then relaunch it.    (In rare cases, if clearing browser cookies doesn't work, you might have "supercookies" or "ubercookies" on the device -- usually Adobe Flash cookies -- you'll need to delete.)  

It's easy to clear these things on a regular basis, and this "housekeeping" can prevent a lot of odd, annoying internet site behavior.   This kind of error isn't a QVC website error as such...  but when they make changes, those changes often trigger these errors.    A cookie error likely was caused by QVC but it won't be corrected by them -- it's specific to our device.

I hope this helps!   If not, please continue to ask so someone here can add more suggesions.   Be safe and well, everyone.🌻

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Thank you @dooBdoo  It doesn't have "cookie" in the message. This is what the error message says.  I'll try doing what it says.  It seems odd that this is happening to others if it's not a QVC problem.

Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.

-Henry David Thoreau