Respected Contributor

Bad Experience with Customer Service

I had my 1st bad experience with Customer Service on Friday night.  The rep was not helpful and I got the feeling that she wished she was somewhere else.

Then I called Customer Service today and I was on hold for 45 minutes.  I finally hung up.

This is no way to operate a business.  I have been an excellent customer for 18 years and I am not happy.

Honored Contributor

Re: Bad Experience with Customer Service

Well, one bad service call isn't that bad if you've been shopping here 18 years. That happens everywhere. 

QVC Customer Care

Regular Contributor

Why would you or anyone stay on hold for 45 minutes?

First Aid for Your Baby's Accidents | Parents

Respected Contributor

Lately customer service is like a box of chocolates; you never know what your going to get.

I have had helpful which is what I expect and I have had someone with an attitude that wasn't interested in helping me at all.  In past years I always had outstanding service.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had to contact Walmart's Customer Service a few days ago.  I used chat.  CS Rep responded in 1 minute.  

This is what the Customer Service Rep said at the end of our discussion. 

"Stay safe always and Thank you for being one of the kindest customers I had today. I appreciate your time and cooperation. We are grateful to have business with you and for being the best part of Walmart.  Thank you for contacting Walmart and have a nice day!"

Did a QVC CS Rep ever say "We are grateful to have your business," or "Thank you for shopping with QVC."  I haven't.  This is pretty typical of Walmart and some other retailers I have called.  

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee  - I don't think QVC places Customer Service as a top priority as other retailers do.  Seems as if the reps are given the position without much training. 

Respected Contributor

Respected Contributor

Well, Kachina, I sent an email to the QVC Social Team, and Beth got back to me almost immediately and issued me a refund.

Thank you again for all your help.  All of my experiences in the past with Customer Service were great.  This was just an odd experience.  They really need to hire more reps.

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Foxxee  - I don't think QVC places Customer Service as a top priority as other retailers do.  Seems as if the reps are given the position without much training. 

@San Antonio Gal    They seem to have a bunch of new reps, perhaps working from home, who are poorly trained and don't know correct answers to questions but are willing to make them up.  It's become a very loosy-goosey operation.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment