Esteemed Contributor

Backordered items

[ Edited ]

Why can't we cancel an item that suddenly appears on backorder?

I would like to cancel a Susan Graver item and a Ryka item that went from ITP to back order,please.

Honored Contributor

Now, @MalteseMomma, you've been around long enough to know that probably isn't going to happen.  I'd like for Santa to deliver me a red Corvette during Christmas in July.... That's not going to happen either. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
QVC Customer Care

@MalteseMomma wrote:

I would like to cancel a Susan Graver item and a Sketckers item that went from ITP to back order,please.

Hi @MalteseMomma I'm sorry that happened. I reviewed your account and currently showing all orders are in the process of shipping. The two items mention must have moved into a new status and are now processing for shipment. Please email us QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com the item or order numbers and we can help, thank you. Kim

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 

Make mine Black!

Valued Contributor

I just had two Susan Graver floral tops to move from "Wait List" to "Back Order", even though they were both listed as being in stock when my order was initially placed a week ago. I attempted to cancel the two orders when they moved to back ordered today but was unsuccessful. If an item is not currently "available", as presented, the buyer should certainly be able to cancel the item(s). 

Trusted Contributor

@MalteseMomma !

I recently had the same situation on two items I ordered.  Both were first in " Preparing Your Order" for several days but once they flipped to Backorder I cancelled both.  You can't cancel from the order summary page but I found that, if I went into the order detail, the option to cancel was provided, so I cancelled both.  One of my pet peeves is ordering something that shows "Available" when I order, that then flip to Backorder; I can understand it going to Waitlist on occasion but not Backorder.  Something is lacking in the Inventory Control software if more real time updates aren't available.  In contrast, when I buy from HSN, they only take orders for what is in stock or, on occasion, Extened Delivery (usually only a few days) plus Waitlist.  I've always gotten my Waitlist items from HSN.

Honored Contributor

@MJDinVegas wrote:

@MalteseMomma !

I recently had the same situation on two items I ordered.  Both were first in " Preparing Your Order" for several days but once they flipped to Backorder I cancelled both.  You can't cancel from the order summary page but I found that, if I went into the order detail, the option to cancel was provided, so I cancelled both.  One of my pet peeves is ordering something that shows "Available" when I order, that then flip to Backorder; I can understand it going to Waitlist on occasion but not Backorder.  Something is lacking in the Inventory Control software if more real time updates aren't available.  In contrast, when I buy from HSN, they only take orders for what is in stock or, on occasion, Extened Delivery (usually only a few days) plus Waitlist.  I've always gotten my Waitlist items from HSN.

@MJDinVegas 

I also canceled one of my orders that did the same thing.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kim-QVC wrote:

@MalteseMomma wrote:

I would like to cancel a Susan Graver item and a Sketckers item that went from ITP to back order,please.

Hi @MalteseMomma I'm sorry that happened. I reviewed your account and currently showing all orders are in the process of shipping. The two items mention must have moved into a new status and are now processing for shipment. Please email us QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com the item or order numbers and we can help, thank you. Kim

@Kim-QVC

They are still showing on backorder on my account page!

Esteemed Contributor

@Kim-QVC 

My items are still on back order even though it  lies and  reads ITP.

I wrote to CS to no avail.

Please get in there and cancel these orders..............

Valued Contributor

This is a follow up on my previous post. I have two Susan Graver items that went from"available" to "processing" to "back order". I attempted to cancel both (over a week, since I placed the order). A cancel option was not available. I just spoke with a QVC customer service representative who said she would cancel the two items. I just checked, the status; it is not showing canceled. This is very frustrating. I am not sure what the recent processing and shipping problems are, but it would be nice if they were fixed. How can customers ensure (quickly) that they are not being charged when a status is showing both "back ordered" and "in process" both at the same time? The outside screen shows "back ordered"; when you click in, the screen shows "in processing". 🤔.