Backorder: Advised to place a new order? Really?

I placed an order for a fragrance that showed in stock. It went to processing to backorder. On the item page it showed no longer available. Then yesterday I checked my order and my it showed processing again. Great! Well today, it now shows backorder. The actual item now shows in stock and available for order though. I called customer service and that was confirmed. She advised me to place a new order. That makes absolutely no sense to me. Why would I need to place a new order to actually get it shipped? Anyone else having this problem?
Respected Contributor

Re: Backorder: Advised to place a new order? Really?

@Frillyfilly  , I think one of the mods would help you if you request it. If you read other threads on this forum, you can see how to do this.

Honored Contributor

Placing a new order seems a bit silly @Frillyfilly .  I'm surprised the CS rep told you to do so.

Hopefully one of the moderators can help you with your order.

Honored Contributor

That happened to me too. It was processing to back order but it was in stock.  Makes no sense.  I just cancelled it and didn't reorder.

Esteemed Contributor

Ordered the Red Truck from Valerie, after my dream jeans, truck came broken, dream jeans still stuck in Hoskins warehouse.  EDD TOMORROW, wil! Never happen.  QVC becoming a nightmare to order or refund.  

Dream jeans went up in prics, so can,t reorder now.

Truck was a Christmas present.  Good thing I opened and inspected.

Esteemed Contributor

Q may not be offering the product at the original price. The price is now higher.