Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

My Keurig, purchased last October, stopped working.  I called Keurig, after a QVC C/S rep gave me the # (only # found online had been diconnectedWoman Mad).

I called and landed up in queue for quite awhile until, finally!, someone answered.  Went over the problem twice.  Had to read the s/n off the item; was told WE (myself and this rep) would descale it again!!!!!  (This was after explaining four times I had just descaled it twice two days before.  When I descaled it with the Keurig stuff I had forgotten to turn off the machine so it didn't descale.  So, I descaled it with vinegar - which worked fine!)  I explained I had used up the Keurig solution and also my vinegar; and, since it was descaled two days ago and worked fine - for a day - I wasn't gonna run out to get more descaling stuff.  I just wanted it replaced, if possible, since this is a problem-prone machine (after reading reviews) and I hadn't even had it a year!

I was told someone, from some department, would call me back - some time..  I left my number once more.  That was this morning........waiting.......still waiting.......  Don't think I'll ever get a callback from this company.

I just want to give KUDOS to QVC's Customer Service Department.  I've had to call them four times since summer mostly 'cause my email doesn't work and when I get a message of an item being delayed, I call in and find out which item.

Whenever I've called QVC, when busy, leave my # and promptly get a callback - which I appreciate!  And, when they say your hold will be 1 to 2 minutes, it is!  Which I also appreciate!

Guess I'll never buy a Keurig again.  I'm all set right now.  Had a Hamilton Beach, purchased from the Q, which I set up to get my morning joeWoman Very Happy.  That is similar to the Keurig they've recently had on-air with the single-cup/carafe option.  It works great, just takes up slightly more counter space.

Anyways, thank you Customer Service for assisting us customers and not letting us hang-on waiting and waiting and waiting for a reply that will probably never come.

Respected Contributor

I'm on my 3rd Keurig mini. The first 2 stopped working after only a few months and they replaced them free of charge. The lastest one I received in Feb. 2020 and works for the most part. Sometimes the water doesn't want to go thru it's process without lifting the lid over the pod and again hitting the power button. You have to do that until all the water goes thru. The coffee is only lukewarm at best. Most of the time, it's still okay. I think this will be my last when it goes and will get something else that is single serve since I only drink 1 cup a day.

Respected Contributor

I think Keurig is overrated so when the one I have stops working I have no plans to purchase another.  

Honored Contributor

Turn 'em into BBB.

Respected Contributor

My Keurig that I also bought last October conked out last week also. Very disappointed. The newer machines don't seem to last very long.  But 11 months is ridiculous. My first Keurig lasted several years.  I went out and bought the new Ninja Pro Dual Brewer. It gives me the choice of using k cups and also a pot of coffee   It also has separate line for water so you don't get the coffee taste if your making tea. You also have your choice of temp for the tea , boil ,and hot for hot choc or soup. So far I like it very much.  It's a well made machine. I love all my Ninja products so I'm hoping this one will live up to my expectations!  I don't believe I'll be buying anymore Keurig products.  

Esteemed Contributor

@meem120 wrote:

My Keurig that I also bought last October conked out last week also. Very disappointed. The newer machines don't seem to last very long.  But 11 months is ridiculous. My first Keurig lasted several years.  I went out and bought the new Ninja Pro Dual Brewer. It gives me the choice of using k cups and also a pot of coffee   It also has separate line for water so you don't get the coffee taste if your making tea. You also have your choice of temp for the tea , boil ,and hot for hot choc or soup. So far I like it very much.  It's a well made machine. I love all my Ninja products so I'm hoping this one will live up to my expectations!  I don't believe I'll be buying anymore Keurig products.  

@meem120, my friends have the Ninja and love it!  It's too tall for under my cabinets thoughWoman Frustrated.

Wonder if they program those Keurigs to conk out within that timeline?????Woman Mad

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Turn 'em into BBB.

Wish I could!!!!!

OT -  You were right - that NuWave is a great product!  However so far I've managed to burn a frozen pizzaWoman LOL!  That thing's faster than a microwave!!!

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme 

As others have stated so glad I never had the desire to buy a Kuerig as I like coffee to stay hot and friends have had same experiences as you...they don't last☹️

Recently, my 10 year old Cuisinart died ..searched for a replacement as now it's only the 2 of us (he doesn't drink coffee) so was no need to spend $100+.

I bought a good ole Mr. Coffee no frills and it works fine, coffee hot and best thing it was under $20🙂🙂

Respected Contributor

my mother expressed,my father would like to have a single served coffee machine for the afternoons,when he only wants 1 cup.if I could find one reasonable priced,I would buy it for him.any suggestions?thank you

Valued Contributor

I have had 5 Keurigs over the years and they seem to be getting worse. The newer ones did not last very long. I recently switched to a Cuisinart single serve and like it a lot. Hoping it will last!