Respected Contributor

BETHLEHEM LIGHTS WREATH DISCOLORED

The large white pre-lit Bethlehem Lights wreath that I purchased last year has completely discolored.  I stored it in its original packaging in a closet and it looks like the color of hay -- it's light brown now, not white.  I sure hope there is some sort of warranty that Bethlehem Lights will honor.  I'm so terribly disappointed and would like a replacement or my money back.  Can you help me with this?  Thanks.

QVC Customer Care

Re: BETHLEHEM LIGHTS WREATH DISCOLORED

@BarbiHollywood I'm so sorry to hear this happened. We've located your order from 7/2020. Here is the company info for Bethlehem lights for warranty help. Bethlehem Lights/Boston Trading
877.661.8324- Cindy

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Cindy-QVC  Thank you!  Calling Bethlehem now.

Respected Contributor

@Cindy-QVC   Hello, Cindy.  I contacted Bethlehem Lights yesterday regarding the issue of the absolute discoloration of the WHITE wreath.  The fellow I spoke with, Don, stated they have received many complaints about the same issue with the white wreaths and that they only had a 30 day limited warranty.  I said that purchasing a holiday item in July and only having 30 days to warranty it and not have any issues is kind of silly -- who'd use a holiday wreath in August??  Anyway, Bethlehem Lights was not the least bit interested, concerned, or even upset.  Don stated that storing the wreath in the plastic wrap that it came in "...would make sense," but did not even give me proper instructions on how to correctly store it.  He apologized and that was the end of it.  I told him that I will never, ever purchase another BL product and that I would post a synopsis of our conversation on the appropriate QVC forum (which I did).

So, QVC, here's your chance to make it right.  This was my first BL purchase.  The way that QVC touts this line throughout the year made me think I was purchasing a quality item.  It is not quality.  This wreath cost me approximately $50 or $60 and took a very long time to arrive. I think it would be a very kind gesture of QVC to reimburse my money.  I will gladly send you back the ruined wreath.  Please let me know.  I can PM my information.  Thank you.

New Contributor

I just unpacked my wreaths from last year and have the same issue.  All 4  of the white wreaths are discolored.  They were stored in a climate controlled building.  I also have problem with the TSV slim Christmas tree.  Delivery was guaranteed by 11\15 but was still in advanced status as of Monday so cancelled order.

Respected Contributor

@Yorkiemom15 Hi.  Sorry to hear you are having the same problem.  I bought my white wreath last year in July as a TSV, took six weeks to arrive, it worked fine, looked wonderful.  I stored it in the plastic bag that it came in in a closet that is dry and cool.  Like you, I was sad to see that it was no longer white.  It looks like hay/straw.  I quickly contacted Bethlehem Lights via email and waited to hear back.  After about a day, I called (QVC gave me their contact info).  Spoke with a fellow named Don who agreed that, "yeah, it would make sense to store it in the bag it came in" and explained there was only a 30 day limited warranty.  I explained to Don that buying a holiday item in the summer wouldn't be used until six months later so the 30 days is just silly.  (Who's gonna hang up a Christmas decoration in the summer to see if it works??)  Don just apologized and kept saying there's nothing they could do.  Later that day, I received an email reply which was stated very nicely asking if it was stored in a dry and cool place, and they asked me to provide my receipt and a photo, which I did immediately.  Today, I got a rather uncaring email saying, "...there's no warranty..." and "we apologize."  How silly of me to think that after providing proof that BL wouldn't just refund my money!!!  I just emailed again asking for them to provide me with their Care & Use Instructions on how to store it.  IF I stored it incorrectly, well, it's my fault.  But if I followed their instructions (I did), then it should be on them.  Their white wreaths and garlands are made with defective materials and they don't care.

It's not the end of the world, I know.  It's the fact that they got $60 from me and the silly thing only looked good for one season.  I don't like being ripped off and get angry at poor customer service.

(Sorry to be so long).

New Contributor

I would highly recommend calling  QVC back and ask for a refund due to defective product.  I have found that some of the service reps are more seasoned than others and will try and do right by the customer.  Good luck!

Respected Contributor

@Yorkiemom15 wrote:

I just unpacked my wreaths from last year and have the same issue.  All 4  of the white wreaths are discolored.  They were stored in a climate controlled building.  I also have problem with the TSV slim Christmas tree.  Delivery was guaranteed by 11\15 but was still in advanced status as of Monday so cancelled order.

@Yorkiemom15 If you have a few minutes, you should report this to QVCSocialTeam too.  They need to know.

Respected Contributor

@Yorkiemom15 wrote:

I would highly recommend calling  QVC back and ask for a refund due to defective product.  I have found that some of the service reps are more seasoned than others and will try and do right by the customer.  Good luck!

@Yorkiemom15   GREAT NEWS!  I contacted QVC again and a nice fellow called tonight to see what the issue was.  I explained as briefly as I could, and he simply said, "...not a problem, I'm very sorry, I'll email you a prepaid label, send the wreath back, and I'll refund your money."  Easy!!  He did not understand why someone hadn't just done that sooner.  I said, "I knowwwww!!!"  I'm very happy that QVC stepped up and did the right thing.