Honored Contributor
Accepted Solution

🦇 BAT CALL to Mods & IT Dept 🦇

[ Edited ]

giphy-1.gif

I just now noticed this........

On the forum "main" page, I counted only 20 post topics.  I found it strange so I checked my settings.  I originallly had it set to show "50" topics per page. 

I changed it to "75" topics per page to see if any changes then clicked the "SAVE" button.  No  change.  The "main" page still shows only "20" topics.

I switched over to Safari & Firefox.  Same thing.  I redid the settings in those browsers & still no change.

My system Info

iMac

Default Browser:  Waterfox

Current Forum setting.........

Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at Wed, Apr 14, 2021-3.35.02 PM.png

Is there a glitch?  Is it me?

EDIT:  Sorry, I should have mentioned that the number of topics w/in the topic threads I am seeing "50" as in my settings.  Just not on the Topic Main page.

Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at Wed, Apr 14, 2021-4.57.04 PM.png

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Re: 🦇 BAT CALL to Mods & IT Dept 🦇

@Mz iMac  Thanks for the chuckle with your thread title and graphic!

🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac,

Unless something has changed, that personally-customizable setting only applies to the number of threads we see in a sub-forum (the subject-matter forums), not the main "Forums" or "Blogs & Forums" or "View All Forum Topics" -- those general listings are pre-set for all users.  Cute thread!😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo  No the setting is for the "main" forum.  My settings for the "sub" forum matter is showing correctly......

I am seeing "50" postings w/in the threads.

I should have mentioned this in my original post.  Will edit.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac wrote:

@dooBdoo  No the setting is for the "main" forum.  My settings for the "sub" forum matter is showing correctly......

I am seeing "50" postings w/in the threads.

I should have mentioned this in my original post.  Will edit.

@Mz iMac, I'm probably not explaining well.😜🙃

We can't customize the number of threads displayed on the main listing.  

I just looked at my very old notes from 'way back when the new platform was launched in Summer 2015 and that was one of the trial-and-error results we discovered, and I've never seen it change.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo  Well, that does makes sense.  Strange I just noticed it this morning when I scrolled down to the bottom of the main topic page & saw that "1 2 3......100."   I never noticed the "100" before.  That is when I counted the topics on my screen & wondered what happened to the other 30.  I streatched the browser window to full screen, lowered the font size, changed fonts & still 20 topics.

I could have sworn there were "50" topics last week. 🧐  I must be losing it. 🙃

Your 2nd explaination makes sense now.  YUP!  I'm losing it. 😑

TY Languages.png

Honored Contributor

You're welcome, @Mz iMac!   No way are you losing it!   You're as bright as a star, as cute as a button, and as alert and curious as a playful kitten!    I'll bet the total used to be something other than 100 but with all of the monkeying and tinkering going on with the website the page limit changed and you noticed it.   So, now I wonder what else might've changed... 🤔🧐  

Take care, my friend.🤗