Honored Contributor

🦇 BAT CALL for Mods 🦇

[ Edited ]

giphy-1.gif

For approximately 1 1/2 months I noticed that there is a substantial delay when posting photos and animated gifs. 

I have been timing this for a few days.  Once I click on "Insert Image" it takes 1 minute & 15 seconds for the photo and/or an animated gif to post.

I tested the latest versions of......

FireFox

WaterFox

Safari

All w/the same results.

I went on another forum site that uses similar posting software and have no issue posting photos or animated gifs - no delays.

Is IT working in the background and/or are they aware of the delay issue?   Or is it just me? Smiley Tongue

iMac

OS 10.14.4 (Mojave)

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

QVC Customer Care

Re: 🦇 BAT CALL for Mods 🦇

@Mz iMac wrote:

giphy-1.gif

For approximately 1 1/2 months I noticed that there is a substantial delay when posting photos and animated gifs. 

I have been timing this for a few days.  Once I click on "Insert Image" it takes 60 minutes & 15 seconds for the photo and/or an animated gif to post.

I tested the latest versions of......

FireFox

WaterFox

Safari

All w/the same results.

I went on another forum site that uses similar posting software and have no issue posting photos or animated gifs - no delays.

Is IT working in the background and/or are they aware of the delay issue?   Or is it just me? Smiley Tongue

iMac

OS 10.14.4 (Mojave)

Hi @Mz iMac 

I am sorry that you have been experiencing difficulty but I appreciate the detailed description that you were able to provide. I will definitely forward it to our IT department.

Barb

BAT Mod

Honored Contributor

@Barbara-QVC  a/k/a/ BAT Mod Smiley Very Happy

Thank you for your quick reply & forwarding to the IT dept.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Barbara-QVC  (aka BAT Mod!),  please take a look at @ECBG's 4/22/19 thread about this problem:

"Mods Please Help"

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Customer-Care/Mods-Please-Help/m-p/5418420#M35945

I know @SharkE has also reported it, as have others.   I firmly believe this is related to the problem accessing certain user profiles that began last November, reported by many posters (and I sent a couple of detailed email messages to the QVC Social team to be forwarded to IT Support).    I do not believe it is device or software related but it is, instead, related to the user file.

It only affects some user accounts, but not all, and I think that's the reason there has been a smaller number of reports and also possibly the reason the IT Support staff have not researched and resolved the problem, even though the QVC Social Team has forwarded it to them repeatedly.   

6 months is an unreasonably long time for a user file database problem (probably database degradation) to be permitted by IT staff to languish.

I want to stress that this is not the fault or responsibility of the QVC Social Team...  all of you provide great support to us, and for that I am grateful.🌻    Love the "Bat Call," @Mz iMac!thumbs up gif

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@Barbara-QVC 

Just have to say,

I LOVE the tag BAT MOD!

giphy-1.gif

Cheers!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

the bat call sign is hysterical @Mz iMac ! Smiley Wink

i have been having ongoing issues with this also, but not 60 minutes! wow, that is a LONG time. mine take about 2 minutes when i try to insert the photo. it used to be instant.

(i am using updated firefox on a laptop.)

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I appreciate all of you who inadvertently educate me about technical matters!  

(Off to google “waterfox”)

Honored Contributor

60 minutes! wow, that is a LONG time. mine take about 2 minutes when i try to insert the photo. it used to be instant.

(i am using updated firefox on a laptop.)

@sunshine45 

Oops.gifThanks for the heads up.  I "edited" my post. doh.gif

Honored Contributor

LOL @Mz iMac  i was thinking dang girl you have a lot of patience to wait 60 minutes for a pic to post! Smiley LOLWoman Wink

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

LOL @Mz iMac  i was thinking dang girl you have a lot of patience to wait 60 minutes for a pic to post! Smiley LOLWoman Wink

@sunshine45 Honey, it's been standard for us for a while.  Takes dang near forever and then several trys.  Smiley Sad