Honored Contributor

Re: Awaiting carrier pick up ?

@Kitty Galore. YES, ups  does damage packages and eventually notifies the sender but I've never seen it notated.  Guess they don't want us to know they do such things.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Sooner.  Since it's the carriers or their agents who do the tracking notations, it has to have been on their radar.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Sooner.  Since it's the carriers or their agents who do the tracking notations, it has to have been on their radar.

@Kachina624 You would think. . . 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have several/many orders with Awaiting Carrier Pickup....for Days!

Then I find that it actually did ship and the tracking finally caught up.

By time the tracking appears, it is already in my town.

I've received every one.

I had one issue this Fall when an item was half way here (UPS)....at a hub in Rossman OH, it now showed that the package was damaged and there were NO contents.  Sender will be notified.

They never notified QVC, so when I called, then immediately gave me credit.

Last year, USPS mail innovations stole 2 orders of jewelry, put empty boxes back in, and retaped it...and sent it the rest of the way.  My PO had pics of both pkgs being all taped up when they received them.

Q handled the credit promptly.

Respected Contributor

@Kitty Galore  I had that happen this summer with a graver TSV dress. Ended up having it cancelled as it never shipped even thought it said it did. Actually dodged a bullet with that order, so it was fine by me.

Respected Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kitty Galore.  I've had some short delays with QVC  merchandise, a couple of days.  I had a Macy's  order sit for a week awaiting pick up.  Never had an order canceled.   I wonder if yours could have been damaged and couldn't be shipped?

@Kachina624   do you mean damaged at UPS?   If that we it I don't see why they would state on tracking awaitin carrier pic up ya know ?  Something else is happening I feel,  what I don't know .

@Kitty Galore 

Take a look at my post, my probably damaged package was waiting for carrier pickup from UPS to I'm guessing USPS Sure Post.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I've been in the "Awaiting carrier pickup" dead zone and every time it was then declared to be lost in shipping.

My theory is that "Awaiting carrier pickup" is accurately translated as "Not Shipped--Not gonna be shipped!"

@Sooner   I think your right !   

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kitty Galore. YES, ups  does damage packages and eventually notifies the sender but I've never seen it notated.  Guess they don't want us to know they do such things.

@Kachina624   that sure makes sense to me !

Esteemed Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

I have several/many orders with Awaiting Carrier Pickup....for Days!

Then I find that it actually did ship and the tracking finally caught up.

By time the tracking appears, it is already in my town.

I've received every one.

I had one issue this Fall when an item was half way here (UPS)....at a hub in Rossman OH, it now showed that the package was damaged and there were NO contents.  Sender will be notified.

They never notified QVC, so when I called, then immediately gave me credit.

Last year, USPS mail innovations stole 2 orders of jewelry, put empty boxes back in, and retaped it...and sent it the rest of the way.  My PO had pics of both pkgs being all taped up when they received them.

Q handled the credit promptly.

@RespectLife   in my case neither have been delivered!  Once I see it stating Awaiting carrier pick up I'm going to know I'm nit getting it from now on in !

Honored Contributor

@Kitty Galore 

That's a shame....it has never happened to me.

No matter how many days it says Awaiting Carrier....I always get my order.

I had one order that said 'Awaiting' yesty...today it is in my town!