Contributor

Would someone mind explaining how my auto-delivery items are on backorder? First my cookies were showing as shipped on June 17th and never arrived and when I inquired I was told they were no longer available. Now my auto-delivery for Josie Maran is on backorder. I don't understand...if I have auto-delivery, doesn't that mean it is pre-ordered?

Honored Contributor

Best guess...It's arrival has been delayed.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
QVC Customer Care

@teacherd I'm so sorry, but when we attempted to pick your item for shipment, we were notified the item was currently unavailable.  We are currently attempting to obtain addtional inventory via the backorder. I hope this information is helpful. 

Contributor

It just happened to me too.  This morning they sent an email saying my IT auto-delivery was going to ship, and a few hours later another email saying it is backordered.  I can get it elsewhere, but I liked having it on auto-delivery.

Contributor

Sorry, but this makes no sense to me. If what you are saying is true, then this is not auto-delivery but delivery in the future if available. If this were the first time, it would not be a big deal but this seems to be happening more and more which says to me there is a warehouse inventory problem.

Esteemed Contributor

@teacherd - Most items QVC sells nowadays are fulfilled by third-party vendors. As a result, when you select auto-delivery, you truly are just locking in the price for future product if it is available from those vendors when you are scheduled to receive it. QVC works closely with the vendors to set aside a specific amount of product for these deliveries, and you should have higher priority than new buyers which should mean you get what you ordered as requested, but there are definitely times when product is simply not available. I'm sure that can be quite frustrating.

Contributor

If this is true, it should be explained up front. If I knew this was the policy, I would definitely not be so frustrated.